Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Am I the ONLY one ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:53 AM
July 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Am I the ONLY one ??

I want this. Straight up. YOLO right?? (you only live once) LOL

Im obviously a Honda guy & Im sorry if I offend anyone haha, but I want this, really thinking about getting a loan in the future, maybe in the fall ... ?

Anyone else like this bike? Or am I the only one of this forum.

Read the specs on it and you'll understand.

Last edited by CTcbr929; 05-09-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:15 AM

ive always liked the looks of the kawis, especially the zx10s, but ive thought that the 2012 was one of the ugliest bikes ive ever seen. Its performance is almost on par with the bmw s1000 which makes it harder to hate but i think its hideous. ^that angle isnt terrbile but from the sides i think it looks like a scooter or a 250 or something.

this picture certainly doesnt do it favors at least.

Name:  2011-10-31173411.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  66.2 KB

I think honda and suzuki are the only japanese companies that have come out with good looking/improved bikes for 2012.

problem solved!

Last edited by nickp123; 05-09-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by nickp123
ive always liked the looks of the kawis, especially the zx10s, but ive thought that the 2012 was one of the ugliest bikes ive ever seen. Its performance is almost on par with the bmw s1000 which makes it harder to hate but i think its hideous. ^that angle isnt terrbile but from the sides i think it looks like a scooter or a 250 or something.

this picture certainly doesnt do it favors at least.

I think honda and suzuki are the only japanese companies that have come out with good looking/improved bikes for 2012.
The picture you posted doesnt work for me? maybe its just my lap top?? idk... but its just a lil box with a red x in the middle...

Yea, at first when I saw it last year, I dont think I was a huge fan of the look.. but now I love it... saw it in person and sat on it... WOW... and now that its red, I want it even more... Really thinking about it at the end of this year.

The specs and performance of it are amazing as well.

Just my opinion obv. n Thanks for your input.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:32 AM

hmmm yeah its not working for me either now actually....i dunno ive been having problems lately with pictures. They havent been showing up in threads when people post them its just blank space. If i go to photobucket it takes me to the mobile site too. I have to open up pages in an incognito window for all that stuff to work. So i know its not chrome, just a weird setting or preference or something i may have changed in the normal browsing window.

ANYWAY.....yeah the specs and performance numbers are insane which is why i keep trying to like it but i just think its fugly. Maybe once i see one in person ill change my mind.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

im with nick.

IMO, it's uglier in person. but if you like it, and can afford it, go for it. if i had that kind of money, i'd go with the bmw. the bmw only new bike that does anything for me.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:52 AM

might as well go for the zzr-1400 haha! That's the only way I would stray away from good'ole'honda

I like the bike though, looks pretty good! have you seen the 2012 honda though? check it out!

Old 05-09-2012, 11:58 AM

Nick, the picture works now haha..

That pic makes me like it even more... the nose does look huge on it...

IDK I mean I do admit its not the BEST looking bike... but I love the technology on it... and the horizontal rear shock, for example.

Demon, I cant afford it outright, would have to take out a loan... but like I said YOLO !!! Haha.. idc ... This is America I can do and have w.e I want !

Its a big decision obviously n looking at a car would be more logical,

IDK just thought Id throw it up here and see what you guys thought.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin
might as well go for the zzr-1400 haha! That's the only way I would stray away from good'ole'honda

I like the bike though, looks pretty good! have you seen the 2012 honda though? check it out!

Of course Ive seen it bro-ski ... sat on it... went over the whole bike visually...

I love that bike too... but this one just has a lil bit more technology, and a huge thing that gets me is the horizontal rear shock...

--Wisconsin.. I like your signature too... its simple... but the first time I saw it I literally LOLed .

Last edited by CTcbr929; 05-09-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by CTcbr929
IDK I mean I do admit its not the BEST looking bike... but I love the technology on it... and the horizontal rear shock, for example.
The new ZX10 definitely has a case of the "myspace angles." Think of it this way, when you're riding it, you can't see how ugly it is . Plus, it will just look like a black and red blur to everyone else on the road.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by DammitMike
The new ZX10 definitely has a case of the "myspace angles." Think of it this way, when you're riding it, you can't see how ugly it is . Plus, it will just look like a black and red blur to everyone else on the road.
hmm yeah Id say thats pretty accurate actually. It can look pretty good from some angles but from others it makes me wonder how it got approved for production looking like that. And that last part should be kawasaki's advertising campaign for this bike. "when youre riding it you cant even see how ugly it is, and to everyone else on the road it'll just look like a blur" Not catchy enough?