Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Alright...who's smart, need ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright...who's smart, need ideas...

So because i am doing an ALL black/red bike...i have pretty much figured out how to get rid of MOST of the silver or metal parts on my bike...beit either rattle can, powder, or annodizing...

eventually the front fork tubes will be anno'd red and the fork sliders will be powdered gloss black....

but one piece is truly escaping me...or i don't know if even possible...the rear shock...NOW...what i DO KNOW is possible...

i can get a new spring in red to replace the stock yellow one and also upgrade and get a better rear spring...okay...

i can also rattle can the reservoir, mask of the shock tube and paint the shock housing....reassemble and that leaves me with a black shock, red spring....BUT a silver shock tube.....

now i know, i know...who cares....thing is i am TRYING to do everything custom...custom meaning completely re-done...at some point, i may upgrade the suspension, but not anytime soon....i have no problem dropping a few bucks to have the thing painted....but i don't know if it's even possible to paint the tube...it's not something i can take apart because of the reservoir and having to have it re-filled etc....

so any ideas, or i am just sort of SOL on this piece and will have to accept it? I even considered trying to get a cover to just hide it...if that's possible...

last question...anyone know where you can order a custom shock...i.e. the color of the shock housing, shock tube, spring, res...etc?

thanks...

Old 12-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Banned
Default RE: Alright...who's smart, need ideas...

I have never seen a color other than silver (steel or whatever) for the 'ram' if that is what you are talking about. It seems unless you do an old fashion accordian type dust cover, you may have a hard time.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Registered Users

yeah that is what i mean...and yeah the accordian cover is an idea i considered as of late....that would work fine...i wonder if they make one that will work okay with the stock shock...hmmmm

Old 12-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ffingers

So because i am doing an ALL black/red bike...i have pretty much figured out how to get rid of MOST of the silver or metal parts on my bike...beit either rattle can, powder, or annodizing...

eventually the front fork tubes will be anno'd red and the fork sliders will be powdered gloss black....

but one piece is truly escaping me...or i don't know if even possible...the rear shock...NOW...what i DO KNOW is possible...

i can get a new spring in red to replace the stock yellow one and also upgrade and get a better rear spring...okay...

i can also rattle can the reservoir, mask of the shock tube and paint the shock housing....reassemble and that leaves me with a black shock, red spring....BUT a silver shock tube.....

now i know, i know...who cares....thing is i am TRYING to do everything custom...custom meaning completely re-done...at some point, i may upgrade the suspension, but not anytime soon....i have no problem dropping a few bucks to have the thing painted....but i don't know if it's even possible to paint the tube...it's not something i can take apart because of the reservoir and having to have it re-filled etc....

so any ideas, or i am just sort of SOL on this piece and will have to accept it? I even considered trying to get a cover to just hide it...if that's possible...

last question...anyone know where you can order a custom shock...i.e. the color of the shock housing, shock tube, spring, res...etc?

thanks...
newp never seen anyone with the shock tube or fork tubes w/ diff colors. Those surfaces are as slick as a babys butt so they seal n slide well. I have a red spring tho on my F4 lol.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:32 AM

The paint will probably come off when it goes up and down on the tube. I suggest you think about it for a day and realize painting every single thing is retarded.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Registered Users

first...it looks to be more of a hassle then it's worth and i found that shock boot will do what i want to cover the shock piston..i can get a red spring and paint up the shock and i am good to go...

second...@nauree...

i don't give a flying f#$@ what you think about painting everything....as to why you think it's retarded i don't know...i like customizing things and working on my bike or car or whatever....why is customizing my bike retarded....maybe you don't have the patience, skill, intelligence, and/or time to do it, but that doesn't make it retarded....you are retarded for making a comment like that....

everyone on this board is for the most part helpful and supportive...i have seen some incredibly tricked out bikes...i will likely never get to that point, but i would like to try and get it as unique as i can within my means...which i am doing...

i don't know why your comment pissed me off but it did...you obviously haven't been around bikes very long...or you don't look at a lot of bikes because a lot of people take a lot of time customizing the little things....meaning making sure all the colors and fittings and everything work together...thus the reason shows like american chopper are so popular...

so next time YOU don't think something is worthwhile...think before you type...you could have easily said something like "i personally don't think it's worth it, but whatever"...that's a fine comment...but being an ***....well....i guess that's just the way you are...

Old 12-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Registered Users

alright...i'm sorry nauree...i just noticed...you're one of the youngins....just turned 19....wow..must be nice to be so opinionated....i now understand your ignorance and therefore it doesn't bother me....

i sometimes forget how stupid we are when we are young

sidenote: i am not insinuating all 19-year-olds are dumb...just nauree...i know we have a lot of mature teenagers and early 20s guy here....just wanted to make that clear....

Old 12-12-2007, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

first...it looks to be more of a hassle then it's worth and i found that shock boot will do what i want to cover the shock piston..i can get a red spring and paint up the shock and i am good to go...

second...@nauree...

i don't give a flying f#$@ what you think about painting everything....as to why you think it's retarded i don't know...i like customizing things and working on my bike or car or whatever....why is customizing my bike retarded....maybe you don't have the patience, skill, intelligence, and/or time to do it, but that doesn't make it retarded....you are retarded for making a comment like that....

everyone on this board is for the most part helpful and supportive...i have seen some incredibly tricked out bikes...i will likely never get to that point, but i would like to try and get it as unique as i can within my means...which i am doing...

i don't know why your comment pissed me off but it did...you obviously haven't been around bikes very long...or you don't look at a lot of bikes because a lot of people take a lot of time customizing the little things....meaning making sure all the colors and fittings and everything work together...thus the reason shows like american chopper are so popular...

so next time YOU don't think something is worthwhile...think before you type...you could have easily said something like "i personally don't think it's worth it, but whatever"...that's a fine comment...but being an ***....well....i guess that's just the way you are...

Old 12-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Registered Users

original....

Old 12-12-2007, 11:37 AM

I'm old school

Quick Reply: Alright...who's smart, need ideas...