Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Alright...who's smart, need ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alright...who's smart, need ideas...

This definately looks like a thread I should be part of...

Old 12-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered Users

nah...it's done...i vented...it's cool....

Old 12-12-2007, 12:01 PM

The shaft is not painted for a reason. It has to be smooth and clean for it to seal and travel in the shock body. The only option I know of it to get a shock boot in black or red and put it on there. Do not try to paint the shaft-it will work and you will blow the shock.

I like your idea for the bike, but there comes a point where you have to just deal with some stuff for it's function.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:04 PM

Painting everything would be retarded. Your bike is going to look completely red and black with no other colors on it. It wouldnt be worth the hassle to do everything and yes I painting the fork tubes will probably just result in the paint coming off. If it even sticks in the first place. If you paint the spring with regular paint its going to crack and come off as you ride.

You can B*tch at me on the net if you want cause i said its retarded but I dont really mind. Your threats are empty to me. Have a nice day

Old 12-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Registered Users

first off, i guess i shouldn't have said painted the tube...i really meant annodized...i know you can't paint the tube...as for annodizing it can and has been done....and it doesn't "come off" if you annodize the tubes...also i never said paint the spring...you can get springs in whatever color you want....

if YOU think painting everything is retarded that's your opinion...i don't care...i like what i am doing and will continue to do so....

also, i didn't threaten anyone...i do find it odd though that people took it as that...i do think it's dumb to knock something someone wants to do to their bike because you don't agree with it...that is sort of lame and that was all i was commenting on....

finally...i don't like to argue on the net and all i wanted to do was say my piece which i did...why we are continuing this with you attempting to bait me is dumb...

thanks for the wonderful comments....i know what i am going to do now....if you don't agree fine, but seriously...how about we try to be a little more civil about our opinions huh?

Old 12-12-2007, 12:38 PM

Think of all the up keep you will have to do to keep it looking nice if you paint everything. Not worth it IMO

Old 12-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Registered Users

lol...see that was a good comment Nauree....haha...

oh i hear ya, it will be some upkeep...thing is that most of what i am doing is going to be in gloss...the matte stuff on the bike originally is a pain to keep clean...but i have found that the gloss is actually easier to keep clean...plus, i like keeping it clean...granted, right now it's a mess...i haven't had a chance to clean her lately....

but really...i like doing this stuff...i work a lot, have a family, etc....my bike is my hobby that gets me away from all that, so this stuff, although seemingly boring and too much work to one person, is a joy to me as it's something i can step back at and admire my work....

also, just a sidenote, you have no idea how doing up little things like bolts, and brackets and either painting them or whatever....really makes the bike pop and stand out...it really is pretty cool to change a bracket and see the overall difference it makes...

i painted my rear master cylinder and it did wonders for the overall look of the bike...i'll have pictures by next week...then you can judge if you like it or not..if not, it's cool

Old 12-12-2007, 12:48 PM

Nauree is that kid if he doesn't get attention he's get's mad at everyone.. Poor Nauree. As far as your project FFingers I don't know anything so I can't help you, but I'd like to see what it looks like when you do get them changed/painted. :0

Old 12-12-2007, 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: rvizzle

Nauree is that kid if he doesn't get attention he's get's mad at everyone.. Poor Nauree.
orly? how so?

Old 12-12-2007, 11:29 PM

As a reply to what you said to me... You will get negatives and positives every time anyone posts anything on any website like this. You should take it in stride. Sorry, not everyone has the same views as you do.

Quick Reply: Alright...who's smart, need ideas...