Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Almost got killed today rant

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dragginazz
Sounds like you had someone watching over you my Friend!

Spared the life of a rider! Someone better go to church on sunday

Old 04-09-2009, 02:25 PM

glad to hear your OK, i dont think i would have had the restraint you did to not go after him... especially with all that adrenaline pumping

Old 04-09-2009, 02:46 PM

Me too today! I was on a one lane per-way street behind an SUV. SUV was turning right onto another street and I saw another SUV turning left from that same street. He pulled right out in front of me, then saw me and stopped dead in my lane... I had slowed enough down before hand that I came safely to a stop and pointed @him to get his *** moving out of my lane! Oh well, be supppppper precautionary!

Old 04-09-2009, 03:19 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I absolutely hate situations like this. Especially when you're looking at the car EXPECTING something to happen, then it crosses that point where you're close enough that they can't possibly do something stupid, and then there they go pulling in front of you. It's ridiculous.

The first day I had my bike out this year, back on one of those random nice days in the middle of February, I literally almost got hit three times in the same night. People ignoring me at stop signs, cars merging into my lane without bothering to look first, etc. It was fantastic...

Old 04-09-2009, 03:58 PM

It's not just bikes. I used to drive semi trucks and the dumb things people would do around you, you'd swear there was no way for them to not see you, but somehow they don't.

Glad to hear you're ok.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Glad to hear that a collision or anything bad didn't happen. Every since I wen't down, those kind of pictures have been playing in my mind terrorizing me.

Good reaction time and hope the rest of your riding season will let you ride with ease.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:22 PM

i had an experience with one guy in a car who i was riding next to and he looked straight at me and swerved into my lane as if he wanted to hit me and he forced me into on coming traffic, luckily it was totally empty. i was pretty shaken, but i met him at the next light and punched his side mirror off with my alpinestar carbon fiber knuckle gloves. if someone changes lanes and doesnt look, thats one thing, im not gonna bust their $#!t because they're stupid. but this guy literally tried to kill me in my opinion, why else would you swerve at a biker?

Old 04-09-2009, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by ynks4evr
glad to hear your OK, i dont think i would have had the restraint you did to not go after him... especially with all that adrenaline pumping
well, when i had pulled over I pulled off into gravel and as I was turning around to go kill him, I had almost fallen over and then that took all my attention, but if that wouldn't have happened im sure I would have went to find him.

But thanks guys!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:41 AM

ME and my buddy were out riding one day (so the guy that pulled out had 2 loud bikes comin at him) but any way we are on a road thats 40mph an thats about what we were doing and thers an ice cream place on the left up ahead. This guy in an audi starts to pull out im he sees us (im guessin cuz he stopped) but then decides to go again gets out in the middle of the road an we are now like 15ft away cuz we thought he was gunna stay stopped the first time but no pulls out in the road and stops again! in the middle of the road! so we both have to lock up the brakes and we end up going around both sides of him. now the a$$hole had his windows down so as we got beside him an my pipes aimed in his window we grab the clutch and just rev its up. hoping i blew out his ear drums we go on our way.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jadyone2
now the a$$hole had his windows down so as we got beside him an my pipes aimed in his window we grab the clutch and just rev its up. hoping i blew out his ear drums we go on our way.
I love this approach. Same thing I woulda done.