Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Almost got killed today rant

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost got killed today rant

So I was riding today on back roads heading back to my house from a long day of riding. I know these roads like the back of my hand, I could probably do it blindfolded (seriously I'm not kidding). Anyway, Im coming up to an intersection with looks like this -|- I am coming straight through, and the crossing road has a stop sign, I don't have one. I see a van on the left side of the intersection, and a big *** green and white older F-250 on the other side. I'm probably doing every bit of 60 before I hit the intersection. I see another car coming my direction passing infront of the F-250 and I'm like okay I'm good. So I keep on going doing about 60MPH. The F-250 starts to pull out, I'm like 50ft. away by now, and there is no way I'm stopping in time. I was like I hope his *** sees me, well he didnt. By the time he was on the edge of my lane I was still a good 10ft. away from him, I had to drop into 4th and peg it. I sware to god, I could touch that truck when I was right infront of him, He was LITERALLY inches from the tail of my bike. I almost went off the road trying to swerve and avoid being killed. After I got through the intersection I actually turned around and started to go after the guy, but I changed my mind in a hurry.

After I got through the intersection I pulled off at the nearest place to pull off. The van that was on the right side of my intersection pulled over and the conversation went like this.
"hey man you okay?"
"yeah I'm alright scared but okay"
"man wtf how did he not see you, I had my phone out dialing 911 because I thought he hit you"
"I don't know I was in his view for at least 30 seconds"
"okay man you sure your alright?
"yeah just scared and shaking alittle I'll be good"

I sat there for alittle because I was shaking and adrenaline was pumping and I was still freaking out.

Anyway I'm not dead but I could have been, If he would have hit me, I would have gone down a large embankment into a field, thats all assuming I missed the 3 Telephone poles and the street sign that were directly infront of me. I don't know all I can say is I have never been that scared before in my life.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:14 PM

Well thank god you missed this guy. It was also cool the dude in the van stopped to check on you.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:23 PM

Sounds like you had someone watching over you my Friend!

You must have been hopeing 4th would be enough to get you through huh!

Probably good you didn't go after him, he must have thought you had to stop too.

Glad ja made it!

Old 04-08-2009, 10:04 PM

yea i hate this
this is why you have to be the most defensive drivers (riders) in the world on a bike
others mistakes can put u in the hospital or worse
good thing you got through it
just keep ur eyes open, it will happen again

ive had ppl stop and look at me, im the only person on the entire road and
they just stare at me, and pull out into the road at like literally 3 mph
not like shes pulling out to pull out of the drive way, it looked like she was trying to
"sneak" out in front of me lol
i just watched and let off the gas to see if she was gonna pull out or stop then finally i hit my brakes and threw my hand up like wtf are you doing? and she stops (half way out in the road) and looks at me with this blank look on her face

Old 04-08-2009, 10:22 PM

Dude I'm glad you're ok.

I've had my bike less than a week and I've already had some morons pull out in front of me twice. Just stay alert, it will keep you alive. If I hadn't been paying attention enough to see the people that pulled out in front of me I would be in bad shape right now.

Be careful.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

Going 60 and had to switch to 4rth to peg it huh?

lol j/k The awesome reaction time of the CBR'ist saves yet another visit to the hospital!

Last edited by Endless; 04-08-2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: added bold
Old 04-08-2009, 10:52 PM

that's some scary stuff. Every time I'm out, I'm always looking at driveways and cross-streets. Here's (I think) a new one.. I was waiting to turn left from the center turn lane (solid line outside, dashed inside) to an Arby's and this -moron- in oncoming decides to use the 2-way turn lane to pass a guy in the 'fast lane' on his side. He almost hit me head on while I was stopped. (he was doing probably about 55-60) I tell ya, I've seen a lot in my short 1 1/2 years of riding, but this tops it all. I was shaken up pretty bad, but all you can do is keep your space and keep your eyes open and try to keep an escape route open too.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Endless
Going 60 and had to switch to 4rth to peg it huh?

lol j/k The awesome reaction time of the CBR'ist saves yet another visit to the hospital!
haha, I ride in high gears, when Im not pushing it. I like to go 50 in sixth a lot of the time =D

Old 04-09-2009, 08:10 AM

You gotta remember that every body is out to get you when you're on a bike. At any intersection I slow down and if I see a car, no matter what they are supposed to do, I am prepared to give them the right of way.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy **** dude. glad to hear your ok

Quick Reply: Almost got killed today rant