Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Almost bought 2006 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost bought 2006 600rr

[align=left]Well today I went to the kawi dealership to find out what size suomy helmet, since they are the only people who have them in stock,i wear so i can place my online order for my new helmet and out front is a 2006 600rr Orange Tribal with only 112 miles on it. My jaw dropped. They wanted 8k for it. I told them if they could give me 4k for my bike and drop the price of the rr to 7k out the door. Then ill go get the 3k from the bank and pay for it in cash. They tried to negotiate with me for a hour. They agreed on the 4k for my f4i but they would not drop the price on the rr to save their life. So i told them wellthis is myoffer and this is what it will take for me to take the bike today. 7k for the bike and 4k for my trade and ill be back in 15 minutes with the cash and they kept giving me the line let me see what i can do. bs and kept coming back with 100 $ off the bike here and there. I left and they called me saying the best they could do is 7500. Guess i'll be keeping the f4i, yet they offered me a sales job. Saying that for someone of my age i had a lot of knowledge of bikes. I laughed and said well you can google a lot of stuff you know.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Although i did recieve a free service look over my bike. To bad they didnt tell me anything that i didnt already know. I need a new cct and ill be needing new brake pads soon.[/align]

Old 01-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Banned
Default RE: Almost bought 2006 600rr

Wow. That must have been tough. $7,500 for a bike with only 112 miles on it. Good for you for sticking to your guns.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:19 PM

Yea. Well they asked me what it would take for me to buy the bike today and take it home so i told them. I meen I just walked in to find out what size helmet i needed. Then they just so happen to have that bike there that i was going to buy before the f4i. O well. I really dont need a new bike anyways. Just would have been nice to trade up for the bike i wanted.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:25 PM

Is it worth the extra 500 you originally had in mind? If the answer is yes, go back and get it. If not, you made the right decision.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:22 PM

The question from the start is not was it worth it. I'll have to say i was offered a decent deal. But it was not the deal that I wanted in order to get me to take it home. But I really do not need the bike. Basically what it came down to is. at the end of march do i wanna have everything ready to go do a trackday, Leathers, tires,prep work, ector do i want to buy a new bike? and have something else I have to pay off? I really am undecided. I think about it and i want to buy the bike but Prior to me walking into the shop I was perfectly fine with my f4i and my cash i have in the bank. I will just sleep on it for a few nights and if they sell it then they sell it if not i may pick it up.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: CoreyAkaOpie

The question from the start is not was it worth it. I'll have to say i was offered a decent deal. But it was not the deal that I wanted in order to get me to take it home. But I really do not need the bike. Basically what it came down to is. at the end of march do i wanna have everything ready to go do a trackday, Leathers, tires,prep work, ector do i want to buy a new bike? and have something else I have to pay off? I really am undecided. I think about it and i want to buy the bike but Prior to me walking into the shop I was perfectly fine with my f4i and my cash i have in the bank. I will just sleep on it for a few nights and if they sell it then they sell it if not i may pick it up.

Payments suck. Stay away from that. Keep your trusty, reliable whip and have your fun at the track. Why does that bike have so few miles? Did you ask them about it's history?

Old 01-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: CoreyAkaOpie

All I have to say is good for you my friend!!! I have found over the years that I do not have the discipline (sp?) you displayed. I know that if I was offered a deal like that knowing I had the money to go through with it, I would have jumped all over it. Very nice display of taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:13 AM

Yeah its tough. I am going to try and sell my f4i myself. If i can get the money out of it I will look around and buy a 600rr or maybe for my birthday ill treat myself to a 08 rr. who knows I am just living life one day at a time.

but yea like dwschultzysaid its hard to walk away from a deal. The dealer kept saying well I can get you this bike for only 200 a month. Then he was like well let me see if i can get you it for 150 a month. well he could have. guess he thought i was like every other 20 yr old in this town that just has to get the newest coolest fastest bike to race with only to crash it in a couple months. But i told him thats not taking any money off the bike and I will just be paying more then with the interest. no way am i paying 9k basically for a ~$7k bike. plus they wanted to finance the remainder for like 11% thats higher than my credit card. I will just have to save my pennies and search a few couchs and in a few months ill have the cash to pay for a new bike.