Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

For all you skiers...

Old 01-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For all you skiers...

Be carful you might just be hanging upside down one day.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...6091vail1.html
(Warning! Link contains some blurred butt pictures of the guy hanging)

JANUARY 6In a bizarre incident that will surely lead to litigation (or an out-of-court settlement), a skier at Colorado's ritzy Vail resort was left dangling upside down and pantsless from a chairlift last Thursday morning. The January 1 mishap apparently occurred after the male skier, 48, and a child boarded a high-speed lift in Vail's Blue Sky Basin. It appears that the chairlift's fold-down seat was somehow not in the lowered position, which caused the man to partially fall through the resulting gap. His right ski got jammed in the ascending chairlift, and that kept him upended since his boot never dislodged from its binding. As seen in the photos on the following pages (which were snapped by fellow skiers), the Skyline Express lift was stopped shortly after the pair's botched boarding resulted in the man dangling from the lift. The exposed skier was stuck for about 15 minutes before Vail personnel backed the lift up and successfully dislodged the unidentified man from the four-seat chair. The images on page four and five were taken by Marty Odom (who can be reached at martyodm@gmail.com if you're interested in licensing the photos). In a statement released this afternoon, Vail Resorts, which operates the ski area, reported that the skier was not injured after being "suspended for approximately seven minutes." The press release did not explain how the mishap occurred, only that "the man was caught on the chair."

P.S.
Is this allowed in here? Im nervous...

Old 01-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Default RE: For all you skiers...

Your lucky I'm ina good mood.........................[&:]

Old 01-06-2009, 10:24 PM

I thought it was an interesting story, you can delete it if you want.

I saw Amanda (admin) post about a story about the guy chopping off his *****, so I figured a news story was ok.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:32 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: Zasder

I saw Amanda (admin) post about a story about the guy chopping off his *****, so I figured a news story was ok.
That was back in 05' and was bumped.

But yet another reason to wear clean underwear.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:32 PM

Sorry guys don't shoot the messenger [sm=smiley18.gif]
ORIGINAL: Zasder

Old 01-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bahaha thats hilarious, but how the hell did the guy lose his pants.?

Old 01-07-2009, 10:08 AM

The lift oper screwed up royaly! And 15 min?! Ive seen them stop HS lifts in no time flat and reverse them in same.

"Dont move! I need to go get my doublesoybrevenoskimhalfblacknofoamtripleshot latte. Its cold out here!"

Old 01-07-2009, 03:24 PM

haha, yet another reason to were full bibs instead of just ski pants, that sucks, you would think he could have at least pulled his underwear back up (I guess it would be down in that case). you know that dude is NEVER going to live that one down. that needs to be a Christmas card or something.

Search this Thread