Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Of all the negative cager talk... a brighter note

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Of all the negative cager talk... a brighter note

Believe it or not there are actually a few people out there on 4 wheels looking out for us[:-] Nothing much but I figured I'd share anyways.

So yesterday morning (wed) I was on my way to work about 7:15 am. I was sitting at a stoplight in the right lane just down the road from my house about a mile or so, several cars in front of me and a seperate right turn lane on the right. So I'm sitting there waiting for the light to turn, and in the right turn lane about 1 car length or so in front of me is a red Mercury Mountaineer. They were sitting there waiting to turn right, but then all of a sudden I see the reverse lights come on and they start backing up. I don't think much of it, figure they just changed their mind and wanted to go straight instead of turning and were gonna get behind me. But they stop right next to me. I hear a woman say "Hey!", so I look over and lift up my visor. I figured she was gonna ask me for directions... everybody always seems to ask me for directions, lol. But to my suprise she says to me... "I just wanted to say to please be careful out there". I told her thank you, and she then said... "yea I lost my brother back in April, he had a bike just like yours", to which I replied that I was very sorry to hear. She said again..."well please just be careful.... don't ride too fast and always wear your helmet". She repeated this several times throught the convo. I assured her I always did, the light turned green, she smiled and waved and we both went on our ways.

Like it said... nothing huge but it kinda caught me off guard, being that cagers usually hate us and all. She seemed to be a very nice lady (early to mid 30's maybe), wasn't bashing me for riding or anything just telling me to be safe. For obvious reasons, I can definitely see her motives for doing so. Just don't see it much this day in age and especially down here in south florida, land of the stuck up snobs, somebody willing to take an extra minute and go out of their way to give a few kind words to a complete stranger (and a sportbike rider at that!)... kinda cool. At least now I know there's at least 1 cager out there that I'm sure might just look twice before making that left turn or changing lanes

Old 10-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Of all the negative cager talk... a brighter note

She probably saw that you rolled over 100k. Thats tells her you have a HUGE "EGO". LOL

Good to hear this.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:33 AM

That would really catch me off-guard because the whole time I'm seeing someone back up in a turn lane, getting closer and closer to my bike, I would be thinking 'What the **** are you doing *****! Stop!'

Old 10-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

That would really catch me off-guard because the whole time I'm seeing someone back up in a turn lane, getting closer and closer to my bike, I would be thinking 'What the **** are you doing *****! Stop!'

Ehhh... I see it all the time down here, people don't know where they're going and decide they don't want to turn, so they'll back up behind the straight ahead lanes and get in line behind the last person. Or they'll just sit there blocking the turn lane with their signal on until the light turns green and then cut somebody off... either one, see it all the time so that didn't really bother me much. Not like she was gonna hit me or anything, she was in a completely seperate lane and everything

Old 10-12-2007, 01:10 AM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

She probably saw that you rolled over 100k. Thats tells her you have a HUGE "EGO". LOL

Good to hear this.
haha

Old 10-12-2007, 08:51 AM

thats pretty sweet if you ask me! i wish people were like that in houston....but if a car backed up and started to roll down the window next to me....i would burn off QUICK....thats a jack move around here and i like my bike!

Old 10-12-2007, 09:06 AM

That was a nice story-good to see there is someone out there that don't think sport bikers are ********. I get so many dirty looks from people even when I'm not even riding, just standing by the bike at a store or something. I am not a punk and am very clean cut and a nice person. At some ponit in time sportbikes have become the modern Hell Angels. I love stunting, but I think it has killed the respect for us. I try to have fun with my bike and ride the wayI want, but still try to be cool and not be that guy. I am about the only one with a F4 that looks like mine in the area so I am easy to remember ifI **** someone off.

Even before I had a street bike I alway looked out for bikers whenI was in my car. I will use my car as a block and damage it if if it will save a rider.