Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Advice on staying awake.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008 | 04:13 AM
|
Default RE: Advice on staying awake.

WOO i get to leave at 4 am tonight..be back so i can do 11am-8am. 5 more days of this ****..ill be loading on 5 hour energys tomorrow..ive used em before with pretty good results..damn i need sleep.

Old 08-16-2008 | 04:14 AM
|

oh yeah..the other good part..15.00 per hour..yay!

Old 08-16-2008 | 05:24 AM
Friend and Hero ...

KB understand what you're saying. I just got my 2 1/2 hours of downtime, and I will be up and on the move and good to go until at least around 0100, maybe longer just wondering where you a night owl as a child actually believe that these patterns are developed in our preteen years. I know you have read the reports on the effect of the constant twilight and the background noise as well. That man has created on the planet . That has affected our internal clock. I hear there's a whole generation out there who can't sleep unless theTVs on how sad

Old 08-16-2008 | 05:44 AM

I worked flight-ops on carrier decks for years getting sleep whenever planes weren't flying. I still get up at 4am 7 days a week and I'm done with the gym by 5:30. I sleep ~5 hours a day and after all these years I'm fine with it.

Old 08-16-2008 | 05:58 AM

About dip.. it isn't for everyone. I've fallen asleep with a dip in before and my gum hurt like hell in the morning. It usually does help keep me up but every so often I nod off with one in and and up waking up in the middle of the night with an itchy throat.

Lol about forgetting the last 30 seconds of driving.. I used to go 6-7 days with at most a collective total of about 6 hrs of sleep and I'd make trips from alabama to nashville tn and I'd forget the whole hour of highway driving and realize I was home. haha I actually zoned out one time and ended up at one of my old houses when I was going somewhere else. Be careful driving/working around machinery on low sleep, it can be dangerous. My dad is a doctor and used to get poor sleep and hes had 3 car wrecks because of falling asleep at the wheel.

Old 08-16-2008 | 10:41 AM

You know, if you can't stay up on 4 hrs of sleep naturally...you need to find a way to sleep more, the human body isn't supposed to be taking those chemicals to keep you up, we sleep as much as we do for a reason

Old 08-16-2008 | 10:58 AM

Those Redline & 5 Hour Energy drinks actually do work, I've had to drink them several times. I used to be working 12 hour days, 6 days a week for a couple months at a time and would take Yellow Jackets, the energy pills you can get at a gas station and those things will perk you up good! Just gotta remember to eat too. These days I do a mini workout when I wake up to get the blood flowing: 25 bodyweight squats, 25 pushups, 25 situps right outta bed, it sucks but wakes me right up!

Old 08-16-2008 | 11:02 AM

wow according to KB, I averaged 2-4 hours of sleep a night for 3 years at my old job/school combined, I lived off Monster energy drinks literally....No wonderafter ayear if I get 8 hrs of sleep I am still tired....

Old 08-16-2008 | 12:19 PM

I start to break down if i am deprived of sleep for too long, i can do 40 or 50 hour days, but i need alot of sleep before and after.I can't handle the 4 hous of sleep a night for more then a week.

JD, what is your job? I really hope its nothing that involves machinery or something dangerous.

I don't get how there are laws governing how much sleep truckers get, but not doctors.

I heard subs run 18 hour days, 6 hours on, 12 hours off, kinda cool since what time it is doesnt matter down there. It has something to do with people being most effective for 6 hours at a time, any more that they loose productivity.

Old 08-16-2008 | 03:07 PM

You just sort of get used to surviving on a low ammount of sleep I guess. In school i couldn't survive without 8 hours of sleep but now 4 hours of sleep does me just fine. Yeah I am a little more tired than usual in the morning, but a good breakfast always helps. So does a short Run.

Quick Reply: Advice on staying awake.