Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Acura TL

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura TL

I am thinking of selling my Accord. I don't want german (been there, not impressed), any thoughts on the TL.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Acura TL

which one ? theTl are nice cars but just depends on what you want from your car.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want a TL. Those things are freaking pimp. Do Acs have the same dependability we have come to trust from Honda?

Old 05-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Banned

theTl are nice cars but just depends on what you want from your car.
I want something a little fancy, but not gaudy ( I had a BMW 5-series before...to show-offy, $$$to maintain). Something quick enough that won't annoy me, but really something that is nice and hopefully reliable.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:15 PM

STI or EVO

Old 05-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

do you want a acura ? also something else to look @ is the tsx . very nice, sporty, fun fast. a lil less roomy then the TL but 2.4 vtec and if you can pick up a A-spec version it will have the lip kit and the suspension upgrades

or you can always go with a sti or evo lol

Old 05-16-2007, 07:39 PM
VP

I just got a 2007 Accord EX V6 with Navi brand new for 25k... the TLs are just about 13 grand more than that... and you get very little for your money. Definitely not 13 grand worth...

Old 05-16-2007, 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

I want a TL. Those things are freaking pimp. Do Acs have the same dependability we have come to trust from Honda?
The answer is yes. Acura islikea luxury Honda. Of course all decals say Acura cause it infact is an Acura(based onouter/interior design, features,etc.)but theentire power train(engine,tranny,ECM,etc.) is strictly Honda specs and manufactured. Go ahead and do this, go to an Acura dealer and pop the hood on any care and look at the valve cover "Honda motor co.".[sm=gears.gif]

Old 05-16-2007, 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: tank_900rr

The answer is yes. Acura islikea luxury Honda. Of course all decals say Acura cause it infact is an Acura(based onouter/interior design, features,ets.)but theentire power train(engine,tranny,ECM,etc.) is strictly Honda specs and manufactured. Go ahead and do this, go to an Acura dealer and pop the hood on any care and look at the valve cover "Honda motor co.".[sm=gears.gif]
thanks tank lol i was gonna be a little bit more harsh but yeah honda owns acura and that is there luxury line of automobiles.... long story short a friend of mine took his integra to a "mechanic" and told him he heard a knocking in the motor.... well the "mechanic" pops the hood and immediately says "well there is your problem: you need to put the acura motor back into the car and it should be fixed"... no joke.....

Old 05-16-2007, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: hondadriver4life

ORIGINAL: tank_900rr

The answer is yes. Acura islikea luxury Honda. Of course all decals say Acura cause it infact is an Acura(based onouter/interior design, features,ets.)but theentire power train(engine,tranny,ECM,etc.) is strictly Honda specs and manufactured. Go ahead and do this, go to an Acura dealer and pop the hood on any care and look at the valve cover "Honda motor co.".[sm=gears.gif]
thanks tank lol i was gonna be a little bit more harsh but yeah honda owns acura and that is there luxury line of automobiles.... long story short a friend of mine took his integra to a "mechanic" and told him he heard a knocking in the motor.... well the "mechanic" pops the hood and immediately says "well there is your problem: you need to put the acura motor back into the car and it should be fixed"... no joke.....
I am a certified mechanic myself(gas)and have an associates deg.in Automotive Technology(I no longer work in that field) but I still don't know it all. I can tell you that I do know enough to say that mechanic needs to be shot[sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=violent053.gif]Oh, and I'm sorry for answering the question, I thought it was a serious question.

Quick Reply: Acura TL