Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

$800 goverment check

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:48 PM
RCR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $800 goverment check

Not sure the checks are going to pull us out of a Recession or boost the economy that much. But I will put it back into the economyin a way that will hopefully help its cause.

I know it hasn't been approved yet and IM not in need of the checks (wife and I). I hope it helps the economy in some way cause it doesn't look good for all sectors right now.

What will you do with yours?

We will probably hire someone to take care of my "honey do list" that I never get around to doing.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Default RE: $800 goverment check

I'd love to get a new set of tires for the bike but I'd more than likey put some of it towards bills.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:00 PM

I'll just send mine to someone else for some used equipment. If I get enough back for the regular taxes, I'll probably just buy another used vehicle.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is breaking news to me...what is this about? The GOV'T is issuing checks?
RB

Old 01-18-2008, 10:18 PM

I listened to it today also. The way it has been explained is it is a rebate check that is separate from your other taxes

Old 01-18-2008, 10:34 PM

ORIGINAL: FNQuickF2

This is breaking news to me...what is this about? The GOV'T is issuing checks?
RB
Yea, but it requires you mailing pics to usof those ***** in your avatarwithout any covering.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:19 PM

[sm=lame.gif]What a load of crapola..those checks will do nothing..nodda...zero..zip...for the economy. You wantto help the economy Congress??? <Jumps onto soapbox>..Cut the GOD DAMN tax rates and taxes. In case no one has noticed...your taxed on:

Accounts Receivable Tax, Building Permit Tax, CDL License Tax, Cigarette Tax, Corporate Income Tax , Dog License Tax, Federal Income Tax,
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA), Fishing License Tax, Food License Tax, Fuel Permit Tax, Gasoline Tax, Hunting License Tax,
Inheritance Tax, Inventory Tax, IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax), IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax), Liquor Tax, Luxury Tax,
Marriage License Tax, Medicare Tax, Property Tax, Real Estate Tax, Service charge taxes, Social Security Tax, Road Usage Tax (Truckers),
Sales Taxes, Recreational Vehicle Tax, School Tax, State Income Tax, State Unemployment Tax (SUTA), Telephone Federal Excise Tax, Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax, Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax, Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax, Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax, Telephone State and Local Tax, Telephone Usage Charge Tax, Utility Tax, Vehicle License Registration Tax, Vehicle Sales Tax, Watercraft Registration Tax, Well Permit Tax, Workers Compensation Tax.

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,

and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

Nuff said [sm=rant.gif]

Old 01-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)

Hey Red, nice rant. But every word is true. I wonder if those who calcuate how long we work for the government each year - 5 months is the usual - figure any taxes beyond federal and state income tax. Anyway, the wife and I will divide ours. My share should cover new brakes, a chain and sprokets for the CBR and enough left over for a short tour. If the snow and ice ever goes away.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:31 AM

I could use a nice new HDTV.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:40 AM

but but w/o all those taxes our wonderful reps, senators, etc etc etc, couldnt send their kids to the finest private schools, drive top of the line benz's, buy their bratts a brand new BMW b4 the disrespectful lil shyt even knows how to drive, fly the most uneconomical jet and fly coast to coast bitching we're all hurting the enviroment, only work about 3 months out of the year, n play golf the rest of it, and on and on.

lol

Quick Reply: $800 goverment check