Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

24 hours with no sleep----updated

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 24 hours with no sleep

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

Sleep deprivation training was standard as part of our advanced training. When I was an instructor, Iwas up physically moving for periods as long as 105 hours. It is a myth that we actually go somewhere and hit the rack.
Just stay focused and keep moving you'll be fine today
Always gotta havea 1 upper. Just kidding HC. Thats pretty insane staying up for that long, doesnt seem humanly possible. Once again HC is the man!

Old 03-23-2008, 04:56 PM

33 or so and counting................... i'm shooting for 105, i want to be hardcore now, i think i'll make it like 5 mre then quit,,,, lol, so sleepy.

Old 03-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: samill42

33 or so and counting................... i'm shooting for 105, i want to be hardcore now, i think i'll make it like 5 mre then quit,,,, lol, so sleepy.

It's not just about being up 105 hours, but being coherent and able to carry out assigned tasks and being able to recall details and physically function at some level of effectiveness. This is a personal best, not one set by anyone. I have for some quiet time operated on numerous occasions, at 56 hours with no rest. At peak performance INDoc is 48 hours long for the individuals being evaluated your day starts and ends long after their

Old 03-23-2008, 07:54 PM

...[:-]

Old 03-23-2008, 08:00 PM

man how do any of you not sleep..i know last night i obtained about 2 hours... and didnt fuction that well at work

Old 03-23-2008, 08:39 PM

so tired, must............. polish.......................... swing.......................... arm............................... and .................. rims..............so close to being done...[&o]

Old 03-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear you can't sleep Sam ... I wish I could ...I've been awake over 24 hours now I think, it's the drugs and pain killers ...sort of drift off but then I'm wide awake, no quality rest ...sigh

Old 03-23-2008, 09:03 PM

same here, minus the drugs, i dont take pills, hate um.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

Sleep deprivation training was standard as part of our advanced training. When I was an instructor, Iwas up physically moving for periods as long as 105 hours. It is a myth that we actually go somewhere and hit the rack.
that **** is nuts..

my old roomie was 2/1 Fox Co. Scout Sniper Platoon and he would tell me about the sleep deprivation stuff they had to do..

i start tripping if im up more than 36hrs. w/o amphetamines of course
ORIGINAL: cbrHurricane

and the sleepdeperation...ive heard a lot of stories about it myself military channel and such, it looks prety damn extreme.2 days has been my limit but nothing longer. i remember a few years ago i think i use to sleep about 30 minutes for about 2 months, that almost killed me going ot work lol

Sleep deprivation training, Will show you a lot, if the individual has a bad attitude and is hiding it. If they cannot handle stress, truly cannot work well with others. All of these things and many more, will come to the surface. For those individuals they will find themselves on their way back to where they came from originally, where they are able to obtain some semblance of the proper amount of rest, because in the real world on the field of battle. No one truly sleeps, but those with the ability to operate at a normal level with little to no rest will always have the upper hand

Old 03-24-2008, 02:25 AM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

that **** is nuts..

my old roomie was 2/1 Fox Co. Scout Sniper Platoon and he would tell me about the sleep deprivation stuff they had to do..

i start tripping if im up more than 36hrs. w/o amphetamines of course
ORIGINAL: cbrHurricane

and the sleepdeperation...ive heard a lot of stories about it myself military channel and such, it looks prety damn extreme.2 days has been my limit but nothing longer. i remember a few years ago i think i use to sleep about 30 minutes for about 2 months, that almost killed me going ot work lol

Sleep deprivation training, Will show you a lot, if the individual has a bad attitude and is hiding it. If they cannot handle stress, truly cannot work well with others. All of these things and many more, will come to the surface. For those individuals they will find themselves on their way back to where they came from originally, where they are able to obtain some semblance of the proper amount of rest, because in the real world on the field of battle. No one truly sleeps, but those with the ability to operate at a normal level with little to no rest will always have the upper hand

definitly true..i came off of a 5 day green side patrol friday...mission planning and prepe fri- thru sun, sleep maybe4 hrs a night.. Insert monday..8 click movement thru the hills..conduct hlz rep..build hide..post security..no sleep this night..next day get fragged for an OP,,7 click movement (should of been 4 but our point was *** backwards) security/observe a road intersection..man optics mess with ur head after a while...and this continued thru thurs night when we E&E'd for 7.5 clicks..what HC says about seeing people for who they really are is 100% true.. add no sleep + heavy rucks+ comm not going up+long movements= people becoming very stressed out and very touchy...this was my first op with my team and it was a lil rocky, but no 1 is a **** head, no 1 went to sleep on security, couple minor arguments when the pt walked us up and down a peak twicde cuz he had no idea where we were cuz he relied on a damn gps..i think that most everything that went wrong in our patrol we'll be fixed as we operate togethor more...oh i forgot the best part..at the end when u just want to pass the **** out u still have to de brief you get intel guy taht reads all your logs and asks a million lil questions...always have to be alert, observing and remembering the smallest detail..

Quick Reply: 24 hours with no sleep----updated