CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   24 hours with no sleep----updated (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/24-hours-no-sleep-updated-63185/)

samill42 03-23-2008 08:27 AM

24 hours with no sleep----updated

and i'm about to go nuts, i have started to polish my sprocket, was way to easy, took 2 min, seeing as it was already polished , just dirty. so i started in on my frame, that really sucked so i stopped, that can wait for another day. i then started on my rims, i have them soaking in that airplane remover stuff now. oh yeah this all can about due to the blow out i had yesterday,so no back tire. well so i have the rims soaking, so i figure why not start in on the swing arm. so now my bike is torn apart, i have been up for 24 hours and really need to sleep. BUT of course i can not it is easter and i have ****e to do, yawn.[:@]

HARDCORP 8654 03-23-2008 08:33 AM

RE: 24 hours with no sleep

Sleep deprivation training was standard as part of our advanced training. When I was an instructor, Iwas up physically moving for periods as long as 105 hours. It is a myth that we actually go somewhere and hit the rack.
Just stay focused and keep moving you'll be fine today:)

fishfryer527 03-23-2008 08:46 AM

i have started to polish my sprocket
Usually when I polish my sprocket I go right to sleep. Did you try sitting on your hand to make it go numb first?

OKIEZAC 03-23-2008 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

Sleep deprivation training was standard as part of our advanced training. When I was an instructor, Iwas up physically moving for periods as long as 105 hours. It is a myth that we actually go somewhere and hit the rack.
Just stay focused and keep moving you'll be fine today:)

that **** is nuts..

my old roomie was 2/1 Fox Co. Scout Sniper Platoon and he would tell me about the sleep deprivation stuff they had to do..

i start tripping if im up more than 36hrs. w/o amphetamines of course

fuze 03-23-2008 10:01 AM

umm my fraternity made us stay up 5 days

I always say im not sure if i should have joined one now, loooking back, whenever i mention a fraternity. Dunno, prob wasn't my smartest choice.

sixhundredrr 03-23-2008 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

i have started to polish my sprocket
Usually when I polish my sprocket I go right to sleep. Did you try sitting on your hand to make it go numb first?

Hahaha.

cbrHurricane 03-23-2008 10:58 AM

haha...ive done similar things before,
"looks like some dust..well, might as well go get the cleaners, oh look i see some crap on my rips...shoudl get that too wont ttake to long.."lol

cbrHurricane 03-23-2008 11:00 AM

and the sleepdeperation...ive heard a lot of stories about it myself military channel and such, it looks prety damn extreme.2 days has been my limit but nothing longer. i remember a few years ago i think i use to sleep about 30 minutes for about 2 months, that almost killed me going ot work lol.

KidCr3nshaw 03-23-2008 12:18 PM

Hey Fuze - fraternities are awesome contacts man. If you ever plan on making your own money, a fraternity can be invaluble later in life.

Sleep deprivation would suck. I love sleep too much. Not like most people - everyone loves sleep. I really love sleep. Sleep and food. I really love those two things and I don't think I could give them up short of a catastrophe!

51plymouth 03-23-2008 04:28 PM

I hate sleeping. I understand it is a necessary evil, but I always have to talk myself into bed (unless the wife puts some, uh, "bait", out). 4-6 hours a night, max. I've done 4-5 days before w/out sleep...sometimes I even did it drug free. Those days are far behind me now, though.