Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

1st time was horrible !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree it is best to ride within your limits...and that you are responsible for your own pace. If this guy did scare himself that badly, he may not return.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Think there was more than one squid there. Which is why I said he shoulda left the school

Old 05-31-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Think there was more than one squid there. Which is why I said he shoulda left the school
Like I said here "WARNING : this story contains lane splitting and triple digits on the speedo on public roads. If you dont like it please press the back button NOW."

Maybe he should go practice his counter steering first !!!!

Old 05-31-2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by dmcb2120
Like I said here "WARNING : this story contains lane splitting and triple digits on the speedo on public roads. If you dont like it please press the back button NOW."

Maybe he should go practice his counter steeriwng first !!!!
You posted up to make fun of a guy that couldn't keep up with your irresponsible and reckless riding.

Higher squid points in book just from the sheer arrogance. That you feel you have no responsibility for the people you let ride with you adds in d-baggery for the 3 point conversion.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
I agree it is best to ride within your limits...and that you are responsible for your own pace. If this guy did scare himself that badly, he may not return.
+1.

I knew this kid in high school that talked a huge game. He always bragged about doing wheelies at triple digit speeds and weaving through traffic. After we graduated I ran into him (Not literally) on a back road that a lot of motorcycles ride on and well, long story short he came in to a right hand sweeper too hot and high sided himself in to the ditch. He didn't recognize me when I stopped to help him and I found out it was his first time riding.

Moral of the story is that people need to understand that you need to build your skills up. Learning how to ride (Not just cruise around town, but REALLY learn how to control your bike) takes time and there's no shame in being a n00b. It's painful to hear people talk about how it takes no skill to ride and that you can just hop on a bike for the first time and automatically ride like Stoner, or Rossi. It also baffles me why people lie about their skill level too. That can only get you in to trouble and make you look like a complete tool.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:23 PM

You know, alot of my friends do exactlly as you. I have no problem with speed and I love the rush. Its not the problem of breaking the law that bothers me, its when somebody else gets hurt like someones baby or a mother driving her kids to a soccer game or a dad going home to his kids after a long day at work all because some idiot decided he wanted to make the public road his own racetrack. I have strick rules with my club of members because I have seen to many people get hurt and don't like to see that. I am in no way bashing you, I'm simply telling you to think twice and not only respect other lives but value yours as well. Be an example to others that are green or just got there bike. Theres a right place for everything like the track or a parking lot for stunting where there is more safety. Johnnyh

Old 05-31-2010, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
You posted up to make fun of a guy that couldn't keep up with your irresponsible and reckless riding.

Higher squid points in book just from the sheer arrogance. That you feel you have no responsibility for the people you let ride with you adds in d-baggery for the 3 point conversion.
I didnt make fun of him. I didnt even call him not one name other then a squid. I was telling an experience that happen. Where did the arrogance part come from ? Did I not mention I was in the back ? I should have mentioned that everyone I ride with is faster then me except for maybe 2 and one hardly come out cuz of work. I LET RIDE ? Sorry buddy I cant tell someone not to go where I'm going. Even if i told him not to ride in my "group" I'm sure he wouldve still went the exact same way we were heading since he was also going to the races and not to mention he shot off first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say what you want **** YEA IM A SQUID a squid with a old *** 2000 f4 that will toast your *** on the track HANDS DOWN !!!!!!! Then you can tell everyone you got toasted by a SQUID with carbed 2000 f4 that looks like an f4i !!!!!! Oh yea I also go to all the local hangout spots to squid it up and chill !!!

Last edited by dmcb2120; 05-31-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:27 PM

well HE shouldn't have rode beyond his means. if he was uncomfortable he shouldv'e slowed down. However you couldve asked, as well. But **** happens.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyh
You know, alot of my friends do exactlly as you. I have no problem with speed and I love the rush. Its not the problem of breaking the law that bothers me, its when somebody else gets hurt like someones baby or a mother driving her kids to a soccer game or a dad going home to his kids after a long day at work all because some idiot decided he wanted to make the public road his own racetrack. I have strick rules with my club of members because I have seen to many people get hurt and don't like to see that. I am in no way bashing you, I'm simply telling you to think twice and not only respect other lives but value yours as well. Be an example to others that are green or just got there bike. Theres a right place for everything like the track or a parking lot for stunting where there is more safety. Johnnyh
I got you Im always "safe" when I ride. But I am no model for a new guy unless he says "I'm new to this." Then I have no problem slowing down and trying to teach a new guy. But late night around here its almost clear on the freeway except the occasional LEO which just flash their lights to tell us to chill.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by dmcb2120
I didnt make fun of him. I didnt even call him not one name other then a squid. I was telling an experience that happen. Where did the arrogance part come from ? Did I not mention I was in the back ? I should have mentioned that everyone I ride with is faster then me except for maybe 2 and one hardly come out cuz of work. I LET RIDE ? Sorry buddy I cant tell someone not to go where I'm going. Even if i told him not to ride in my "group" I'm sure he wouldve still went the exact same way we were heading since he was also going to the races and not to mention he shot off first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say what you want **** YEA IM A SQUID a squid with a old *** 2000 f4 that will toast your *** on the track HANDS DOWN !!!!!!! Then you can tell everyone you got toasted by a SQUID with carbed 2000 f4 that looks like an f4i !!!!!! Oh yea I also go to all the local hangout spots to squid it up and chill !!!
Your whole point was to post about how this kid couldn't hang with the 'big boys'. He shouldn't have been trying to if he lack the skill. That's on him. Squid Factor = 2 (one for gear, one for riding above his skills)

But there's no doubt in my mind that he'd never have tried to make those turns without your example (reckless). According to you own story, he asked to ride with you and you let him. You set the pace above his skills. And when he damn near kills himself, you wanna show how he shoulda known better. And that it's no skin off your nose (irresponsible). And then the whole
WARNING : this story contains lane splitting and triple digits on the speedo on public roads. If you dont like it please press the back button NOW.
is an attempt to justify your recklessness and irresponsibility by saying "Hey I told you not to read this if you're gonna call me on what I did wrong" (arrogant). Squid Factor = 6 (points are doubled when risking other's lives).

No, you're not me. He'd have never been anywhere near me just cause of the lack of gear. If he had gear and asked to ride with me, he'd be in front to set the pace while I evaluated his skill. If he was better than me, I'd tell him at the next light and keep my own pace. If he was worse, great he's still in front and setting a pace within his skill. If he tried to ride above his skill while in front, I'd warn him to slow it down first chance I got. If necessary, I'd play the n00b and tell him I can't keep up. I'd rather take the minor public embarrassment then watch anyone wreck if I can prevent it in some way.

You & me at a track:
Win or lose, it'd be a fun day at the track for me. I honestly don't know how I'd fare against you. I'm pretty sure I'd fare a lot better than you expect. And none of it matters to me cause the only lap time I'd be trying to beat is my own on the last lap. And that's what you don't get. And why I think you should eschew the fake mohawk on the helmet and epoxy tentacles on instead.

Sorry if your own guilt offends you. Seems it does, seeing how upset you get when called to task

Quick Reply: 1st time was horrible !!!!