Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

1st time was horrible !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st time was horrible !!!!

Tonight was the first night I have ever rode with a SQUID (we'll just call him john) all I could do was shake my head the whole time even when he crashed !!!! Heres the story. WARNING : this story contains lane splitting and triple digits on the speedo on public roads. If you dont like it please press the back button NOW.

Downtown Detroit: We parked next to John (04 F4i) on the sidewalk where the police dont mind when bikes park there cuz its out of pedestrians way. We chit chat for a while then John decides he wants to ride around downtown with us and we said fine no problem. John had on shorts, gym shoes, a cloth jacket and no gloves. While we are lane splitting thru traffic this idiot has his helmet on top of his head. We werent going fast (10-20mph) but I told him to put his hat all the way on, he said he was ok so I left it alone. We ride around and chill for a while before we decided that we had to "get down". We warned this guy just like we always warn guys that have never rode on the "track" with us "Dont try to keep up with us or go slow for us go at your pace and we'll meet back up at the street races. John says ok then pulls out some leather gloves that looks like something you would wear with a trench coat. I assumed this guy couldnt keep up with us by the way he rode the regular streets. We chilled in the downtown busy traffic and he acted like he was late for work.

We get on the freeway and John was the first one on the freeway from hopping in front of all the cars at the light. The rest of us just waited our turn which was like an extra 10 seconds. I seen his taillights after I hit a curve and hall a$$, by the time I get close to him its time to go around another curve I was going 130 when I see his @$$ hit the brakes and slows WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down going into the curve so I lean and keeps on going just like everybody else. I slow down so I can be in the back (or close to it). The back is where me and my best friend keeps an eye on each other. Me and my buddy makes it to the back and I look in my mirror and see's John approaching pretty fast. By this time it was another curve coming up we dip the curve and looks for John and he was nowhere to be found (slowed way down again). Sooner or later he catches back up. We went into the curve before our exit and went into it HARD. John didnt slow down:icon_ doh:, he tried to speed into the curve like everbody else and just couldnt do it. I look in my mirror and I see a bike going wide so I assume it was my buddy so I instantly slow down to make sure he doesnt hit the wall and if he does I gotta get back to him asap. But my buddy shoots past me when I slow down and guess who it was that couldnt hold their line ???? Yes John this kid went wide for 3 lanes and had one foot on the wall pushing him self off. Once I seen him close to the wall me and my buddy comes to a pretty slow ride and watches him. Thank god his foot kicking the wall saved his a$$, he got off the wall and met us at the races. Johns right shoe was all beat up the sole was coming off and it was just beat up. He gets off his bike and just sits on the curve like he just seen a ghost, while he's sitting there I'm telling the guys wtf just happen and they are like wtf was his dumb@$$ thinking . After he gets his composure back his says he has to go home and creeps on down the street. He gave me his number to ride with us again but I think I'll just call him when we are relaxing on Belle Isle(). But wow that was crazy I wonder if he crapped himself ???? I just had to share this now I'm going to bed goodnight.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:56 PM

lol kicking off from the wall, amazing he survived that lol

btw you are crazy, 130mph in a fking turn?!

Old 05-31-2010, 01:07 AM

Yea I was surprised is a$$ saved it also. I wouldnt have thought of kicking the wall.

Yea I'm a lil off but thats slow around here .........................

Old 05-31-2010, 02:17 AM

I dont know if you guys were on the track or somewhere else. Im thinking this was a highway ride? idk thats pretty fast around a curve, especially if you guys were on the street. Luckly you didnt see john in a wet red suit! i bet you wouldnt sleep well for 3 days.

"thats slow around here..........."
haha...

Old 05-31-2010, 08:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That guy should have been hired to do some of the choreography for the highway motorcycle chase scene in the matrix.

BTW, I heard a funny definition of why people call certain riders "squids". Squids will shoot off in a certain direction and then slow way down to change direction and then shoot off in the new direction... Sounds just like "John".

Old 05-31-2010, 09:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup he was a squid... for not taking the first exit and leaving the school

Old 05-31-2010, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
I dont know if you guys were on the track or somewhere else. Im thinking this was a highway ride? idk thats pretty fast around a curve, especially if you guys were on the street. Luckly you didnt see john in a wet red suit! i bet you wouldnt sleep well for 3 days.

"thats slow around here..........."
haha...
Yea sure . I would probably would sleep extremely well for 3 days. You would know where we were at of you read the WHOLE POST

Raylee and Kuroshio you guys are right. I wish you guys could have seen it, it was pretty cool to see in a weird kind of way

Last edited by dmcb2120; 05-31-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:26 AM

When a sqid rides with us we take it easy on them, its amazing what they will try and its up to us to make sure they are safe. I think you guys were showing your skills and endangered the life of someone totally green. I'd think twice before doing that again. I wouldn't have someones life on my concious. Just my opinion. If that was your brother would you have done that kind of riding. Johnnyh

Old 05-31-2010, 10:39 AM

Double post

Last edited by dmcb2120; 05-31-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyh
When a sqid rides with us we take it easy on them, its amazing what they will try and its up to us to make sure they are safe. I think you guys were showing your skills and endangered the life of someone totally green. I'd think twice before doing that again. I wouldn't have someones life on my concious. Just my opinion. If that was your brother would you have done that kind of riding. Johnnyh

WTF ??? I didn't know how this guy rides or how long he's been riding. We wasn't showing off that's just how we ride when we decide we want to get down. NOTICE me and my buddy who is like my brother stays in the back to keep and eye on each other. I warned this guy to go at his own pace just like I do when I'm riding with whoever and if I get left I just meet back up at the place we where going, no biggie to me. If he wouldve have wrecked or worst it would not have been the same if my buddy wrecked. I wouldve stop and called for help but beyond that I'm not gonna go home and think about it much. I gave the squid a warning about strapping his helmet up and riding his own pace when we take off. I'm not gonna ***** foot it because some guy who's name I don't even know thinks he can curve that fast but cant. He is a grown man that should know his limitations just like I do.
Oh yea to answer your question when my buddy/brother first got his bike I gave him a destination and said I'll meet you there when I knew I was gonna get down. So to answer your question YES I WOULD. I know my buddy is RESPONSIBLE enough not to do something because everyone else does it unless he can.

Quick Reply: 1st time was horrible !!!!