Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

1st encounter with the Law

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Nex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st encounter with the Law

Well....Not first ever First on the F4i. Cited $88.80 for "Violate Red Traffic Signal". I was already 1/4 through the intersection before the light changed, which I see people doing (and do myself in my Cages) all the time. Also found out the Previous Owners Yellow Headlights are Illegal! Guess I'll be doing that HID Conversion Sooner than planned. Pretty sure it was the lights, and the fact that was on the Main Street that did me in

Old 04-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wanna trade? That sucks though man. You should fight it anyways saying the light was yellow as you were going through. The worst that could happen is you pay the ticket but it could be dropped to just a improper headlight charge due to it being from the previous owner.

I gotta 587.00 ticket for speeding through a residental. Which doesnt look like a residential area at all. Im going to court to fight it though.

Good luck though

Old 04-18-2010, 01:52 PM

That sucks, i dont think ive ever been stopped buy a local cop, i've had them pull up and break ***** about my plate being bent up (its not bent up at all). Usually its by a statie and they are grateful that i didn't "run" and just let me go after a quick license and reg. check.

Last edited by DunnRR; 04-18-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Nex

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
Wanna trade? That sucks though man. You should fight it anyways saying the light was yellow as you were going through. The worst that could happen is you pay the ticket but it could be dropped to just a improper headlight charge due to it being from the previous owner.

I gotta 587.00 ticket for speeding through a residental. Which doesnt look like a residential area at all. Im going to court to fight it though.

Good luck though
$500 huh? That sucks! I really hope you can get that thrown out, or reduced! As far as mine goes, he gave me a warning on the lights, and pretty much told me that it was up to me what to do about it. compared to your fines I don't think I have a right to complain! I think mine was mostly about circumstance.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Nex

Originally Posted by DunnRR
That sucks, i dont think ive ever been stopped buy a local cop, i've had them pull up and break ***** about my plate being bent up (its not bent up at all). Usually its by a statie and they are grateful that i didn't "run" and just let me go after a quick license and reg. check.
Yeah, I usually don't get too much attention from the locals either, but I think that it's just something about a sportbike that makes cops nervous. plus that night I noticed 15 cops on the ride home from being pulled over, they were out looking for trouble

Old 04-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No stops on the bike by cops *yet*. Eventually it'll come I'm sure.

Hopefully it won't be for the bullchit I've been pulled over when on 4 wheels. I tend to be hostile when stopped for no reason other than "did he steal it?". And being on a bike will prolly earn that attitude a asswhuppin.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:46 PM

State troopers in IL are doing random stops of bikers to do credential checks (we've had TONS of deaths of unlicensed bikers in recent years), so even obeying the law does not guarantee you immunity from being pulled over.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nex
Well....Not first ever First on the F4i. Cited $88.80 for "Violate Red Traffic Signal". I was already 1/4 through the intersection before the light changed, which I see people doing (and do myself in my Cages) all the time. Also found out the Previous Owners Yellow Headlights are Illegal! Guess I'll be doing that HID Conversion Sooner than planned. Pretty sure it was the lights, and the fact that was on the Main Street that did me in

I've been nailed for this in a car before, don't think its just cuz you're on a bike. You're not supposed to proceed on yellow unless you will have cleared the intersection by the time the light is red.

Also, watch the brightness on the HID's. THOSE can be illegal, too.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyx
State troopers in IL are doing random stops of bikers to do credential checks (we've had TONS of deaths of unlicensed bikers in recent years), so even obeying the law does not guarantee you immunity from being pulled over.
If we had graduated licenses like the Euros and others, that'd make some sense. But having a license doesn't mean someone knows what they're doing.

And it also doesn't de-ink the squid

Old 04-18-2010, 09:18 PM

Did you read that backwards? NOT having a license or registration is quite a good indicator that the rider probably DOESN'T know what he's doing.

Quick Reply: 1st encounter with the Law