New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Thought I'd introduce myself and my bike!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thought I'd introduce myself and my bike!

Heyas! I'm excited to join a new motorcycle forum. Just bought my second bike, a CBR600F2! Ended up selling my daily rider(92 Honda Shadow) for this bike.

Picture of where it's at now in the early stages of being brought back to life, headlight is getting replaced:

Cosmetically rough. It's been through a couple battles, but it's just had the engine professionally rebuilt. As it stands it seams to be a solid platform to build off of and customize while I can't ride for a while.

Got it with a set of dirt? handlebars and risers, which has required me to purchase a custom front brake hose that I'm currently waiting for. I'm a tall gall at 6'3 and this modification makes the riding position more comfortable and responsive for me, so it feels like a good investment.

I think the next part is calling up motion-pro and getting a extended clutch cable, feels like the current routing is putting to much strain on it. Debating getting a set of extended throttle returns and routing them through the frame vs between the frame and tank, any ideas?

It also came with an aftermarket sprocket for "More Torque", will this cause potential stain on the engine or other issues? should this upgrade be left alone? I like the way it rides personally, but I've only ridden it a few thousand feet and haven't taken it out of third yet.

Hope to see you around the forum!

Old 09-04-2013, 12:43 AM

welcome aboard!

Old 09-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey and welcome! The other sprocket is probably a smaller front one? It will give you a little more torque but naturally will change the way it accelerates, drives and will cut a little from your top speed (not that it matters) The revs will also be slightly higher on highway speeds and it can affect the fuel consumption a bit, no change in speedometer cause it's front wheel driven. You can try it out, see what it does and change it back in 15mins if you don't like it, personally I don't see any reason to if you don't plan to stunt it, +/-1 tooth won't do that much anyway...

Old 09-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum Zoetrope,

At 6'3" you'd make the 600 look like a mini-bike. Sounds like you have it all planned out. Pop any questions up in the 600 or streetfighter sections.

Cheers, SB

Old 09-04-2013, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
Welcome to the CBR Forum Zoetrope,

At 6'3" you'd make the 600 look like a mini-bike. Sounds like you have it all planned out. Pop any questions up in the 600 or streetfighter sections.

Cheers, SB
I make just about everything look like a mini-bike. You should see me on a trail 70!

Old 09-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoetrope
I make just about everything look like a mini-bike. You should see me on a trail 70!
Go on - post a photo You know you want to!

Cheers, SB

Old 09-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi & welcome to CBRF!

Old 09-04-2013, 10:23 AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
Go on - post a photo You know you want to!

Cheers, SB
I'll do you one better with video!

Old 09-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

WOOOOOOO!!! Another Fighter-er-ess! I love it. Welcome to CBRF! You should put a build thread up in the fighter section. What are you doing for a front headlight? You'll love getting rid of that acerbis. They suck at night!

As far as the rear sprocket - if it's 96T (extreme example), I'd consider changing it. But if it's only a few more teeth (+3/4), then that's fine. You'll just have to see what you like after you get to ride it a bit more. As far as strain on the motor, I wouldn't worry about it. Technically, there's less stress on the motor with the bigger rear sprocket.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: Thought I'd introduce myself and my bike!