CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Thought I'd introduce myself and my bike! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/thought-id-introduce-myself-my-bike-148962/)

Zoetrope 09-03-2013 11:50 PM

Thought I'd introduce myself and my bike!

Heyas! I'm excited to join a new motorcycle forum. Just bought my second bike, a CBR600F2! Ended up selling my daily rider(92 Honda Shadow) for this bike.

Picture of where it's at now in the early stages of being brought back to life, headlight is getting replaced:
https://sphotos-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/h...74920909_n.jpg
Cosmetically rough. It's been through a couple battles, but it's just had the engine professionally rebuilt. As it stands it seams to be a solid platform to build off of and customize while I can't ride for a while.

Got it with a set of dirt? handlebars and risers, which has required me to purchase a custom front brake hose that I'm currently waiting for. I'm a tall gall at 6'3 and this modification makes the riding position more comfortable and responsive for me, so it feels like a good investment.

I think the next part is calling up motion-pro and getting a extended clutch cable, feels like the current routing is putting to much strain on it. Debating getting a set of extended throttle returns and routing them through the frame vs between the frame and tank, any ideas?

It also came with an aftermarket sprocket for "More Torque", will this cause potential stain on the engine or other issues? should this upgrade be left alone? I like the way it rides personally, but I've only ridden it a few thousand feet and haven't taken it out of third yet.

Hope to see you around the forum!

cBrentb 09-04-2013 12:43 AM

welcome aboard!

Mattson 09-04-2013 01:08 AM

Hey and welcome! The other sprocket is probably a smaller front one? It will give you a little more torque but naturally will change the way it accelerates, drives and will cut a little from your top speed (not that it matters) The revs will also be slightly higher on highway speeds and it can affect the fuel consumption a bit, no change in speedometer cause it's front wheel driven. You can try it out, see what it does and change it back in 15mins if you don't like it, personally I don't see any reason to if you don't plan to stunt it, +/-1 tooth won't do that much anyway...

Sebastionbear1 09-04-2013 01:22 AM

Welcome to the CBR Forum Zoetrope,

At 6'3" you'd make the 600 look like a mini-bike. :D Sounds like you have it all planned out. Pop any questions up in the 600 or streetfighter sections.

Cheers, SB

Zoetrope 09-04-2013 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear (Post 1248972)
Welcome to the CBR Forum Zoetrope,

At 6'3" you'd make the 600 look like a mini-bike. :D Sounds like you have it all planned out. Pop any questions up in the 600 or streetfighter sections.

Cheers, SB

I make just about everything look like a mini-bike. You should see me on a trail 70!

Sebastionbear1 09-04-2013 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Zoetrope (Post 1248976)
I make just about everything look like a mini-bike. You should see me on a trail 70!

Go on - post a photo :D You know you want to!

Cheers, SB

hondajunkie 09-04-2013 08:18 AM

Hi & welcome to CBRF!

Zoetrope 09-04-2013 10:23 AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear (Post 1248984)
Go on - post a photo :D You know you want to!

Cheers, SB

I'll do you one better with video!

Conrice 09-04-2013 10:25 AM

WOOOOOOO!!! Another Fighter-er-ess! I love it. Welcome to CBRF! You should put a build thread up in the fighter section. What are you doing for a front headlight? You'll love getting rid of that acerbis. They suck at night!

As far as the rear sprocket - if it's 96T (extreme example), I'd consider changing it. But if it's only a few more teeth (+3/4), then that's fine. You'll just have to see what you like after you get to ride it a bit more. As far as strain on the motor, I wouldn't worry about it. Technically, there's less stress on the motor with the bigger rear sprocket.

regener8ed 09-04-2013 10:34 AM

welcome to the forum!