New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Thinking about riding after my accident!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks about your slide, man. Sorry to hear that.

As far as getting back in the saddle.... who cares what other people think. If you want to ride, then ride. I wouldn't even think twice about holding up a group or even going to a bike night alone. Do what you want, bud.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i hear ya. dude but going to a bike night alone? and just wander around and shake hands with people like some politician? i dont think id be able to do that lol

Old 02-17-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Alex F.
yea i hear ya. dude but going to a bike night alone? and just wander around and shake hands with people like some politician? i dont think id be able to do that lol
Meh, both Trout and Kuro have driven a few hours to meet up with some random peeps on the forum.

I figure an event with like minded people would be easy.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:12 PM

Welcome back.

Non CBR topic... a zx6r was really uncomfortable? From what I've been told it's like the Cadillac of sport bikes.

Back to topic... I usually ride alone. Groups are great, but alone isn't so bad either. You can turn whenever you feel like it. You go as far as you want. You can stop whenever you want. You can go as fast or slow as you want.

I'm also shy though and would never go to a bike night alone (probably, the only bike nights we really have consist of Harleys at bars, which isn't really my scene either way). I definately would never pull up in the parking lot where all the other sport bikers hang out.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 02-20-2011, 07:16 AM

I ride because I like to ride, not because I want to be part of a group. You may be happy to be the same. Worst ride on a bike is better than the best ride in a car!

Crashes are had to get over, the one and only get off I have had left me afraid to turn right for several months (lowsided on a right handed sweeper).

+1 on track days, I just wish there were tracks where I live.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:39 AM

I bought the zx6r and sold it within 2 weeks. Extremely uncomfortable. Cadillac of sport bikes is the f4i

Old 02-21-2011, 01:32 PM

thanks kuro. i met up with that group once and they were too old for me lol. theres another group in central nj thats a sportsbike club but theyre too fast for me. when i met up with the sportsbike group i saw a dude in front who was riding like an *** almost get killed. he was going way too fast and a car jumped in his lane. it would have been bad.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:31 PM

Welcome to the Forum. I've never rode a CBR I didn't like...and I have to agree that zx6r's (at least 2007's) aren't as comfortable as a split tail F4i.
Too bad I'm on the other side of PA, if I were closer, I'd definitely be up for being a wingman. The thing with group rides you should remember is, don't ride beyond what you are comfortable pushing...most of the groups I've rode with will slow down a little if you aren't keeping up.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:21 PM

thanks for the wingman offer, xander. i rode with a group to upstate ny which is supposed to be a nice trip with great scenery. but how can you enjoy it when youre doing 90mph?? i just dont want to feel like im holding people up and ruining their 100mph twisty ride. im in nj. the most densely populated state in the country. im sure ill find someone to ride with. until then ill keep my eyes open on craigslist for that 01-03 f4i

Quick Reply: Thinking about riding after my accident!