New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

SPARK PLUGS FOULED? (BRAND NEW BIKE)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPARK PLUGS FOULED? (BRAND NEW BIKE)

OK, I TRIED EVERYTHING![:'(]I MOVED MY BIKE YESTERDAY FROM MY DRIVE WAY TO THE STREET. IT RAN FINE. GOT BACK ON IT TO MOVE IT INTO THE GARAGE GOR THE NIGHT AND IT WOULDN'T START. DID EVERYTHING THE OWNERS MANUAL TOLD ME TO DO AND NO LUCK. WIDE OPEN THROTTLE,TRIED TO START AND NOTHING. LET IT SIT FOR 24 HRS AND TRIED AGAIN AND NOTHING. I CALLED THE DEALER WHERE I BOUGHT IT LAST MONTH, AND HE SAID YOU CAN'T START THE 1000RR AND ONLY MOVE IT A SHORT WAY BECAUSE YOU OVER LOAD THE CYLINDERS. SO I THINK I FOULED THE PLUGS? HAS ANY ONE EVER RAN INTO THIS PROBLEM. THE BIKE ONLY HAS 200 MILES ON IT. IS THERE AN EASIER FIX THAN CHANGING OUT THE PLUGS? PLEASE HELP I NEED TO RIDE!!!!!

Old 04-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Default RE: SPARK PLUGS FOULED? (BRAND NEW BIKE)

i'm surprised the dealer didn't have more to offer than that. well, on the other hand.... no i'm not. you might want to post your problem in one of the other forums. you may not get much help in the "new member area". just a suggestion. good luck getting your bike running.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:42 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

I have never heard of that....I would talk to someone at the dealership (management level or higher)b/c only 200 miles and you are having problems should be covered on their expense.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Retired Administrator

200 miles... still under warranty. Take it back to the a-holes that sold it to you and say "fix it"!!!

So if what your dealership is telling you is true, then everyone that has a liter bike, I'm assuming it's specific to the 1000s.... but everytime you start the bike, you better hope like hell you dont leave the kickstand down and and kill the engine by putting it in gear. That will mean a trip to the shop?

I need a bull **** flag to through on this one.

If you're trying to get it going on your own... we need more info to help. When you say it doesn't start, does that mean it turns over but will not start or nothing happens when you press the start button?

Old 04-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Banned

When my bike was new it did the same thing. It was flooded/fouled/??? what ever it was it took a fully charged battery and a wide open throttle (see owners manual) till it finally caught and kept running. Then I rode that bitch in first gear for three miles till it felt right. Never happened since.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:35 PM

HEY DON,

I T TURNS OVER BUT IT WONT FIRE. THE KILL SWITCH IS IN THE RUN POSITION.
SO I'M AT A STAND STILL. I TALKED TO ANOTHER DEALER TODAY AND HE SAID I DID NOTHING WRONG, SOI CONTACTED HONDA CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY ARE SENDING A DISTRICT REP TO INSPECT MY BIKE. HOPEFULLY EVERYTHING PANS OUT. FOR CHRIST SAKES ITS FIRST GETTING NICE HERE IN WISCONSIN AND I'M STUCK IN TAKING THE CAR!!

Old 04-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the site. I hope you get that bike running soon, because it has been a long winter!!!

Old 04-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Retired Administrator

How long have you tried to start it. Does that sound right? What I mean is how long have you held the start button? Now that fishfryer527 mentioned it, I think I may have had the ssame problem once. I was rolling out of the garage and stalled the engine. It wouldn't start so I held the start button for about 20 seconds and she fired up and smoked like a train. Never had any problems after that.

Becareful... holding the start button down for a long time is not the ideal thing to do. So I wouldn't hold it for more than 30 seconds or so. But give that a try and let us know.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Banned

I was rolling out of the garage and stalled the engine.
Yup...I started it...popped the clutch to start the roll down my driveway (downhill)...stalled. Didn't restart. I maybe let it run for 2 seconds before I tried to ride it (no warmup at all...December in Florida maybe 55 degrees). Does this sound familiar to anyone else? Sounds like a very rich start-up sequence, if you get stuck in the middle of it you just compound the problem by restarting without going through the flooded engine procedure.

Hey Gofast...was it cold..not cold for you maniacs in Wisconson, but cold for normal people, like 50 degrees?

Old 04-25-2007, 10:34 PM

IT WAS LIKE 63* I TRIED THE 30 SEC HOLD DOWN AND IT FIRED OVER ONCE, LIKE 1 CYLINDER FIRED.THAT WAS IT. STILL WON'T START. MAYBE I NEED TO LET IT SIT FOR A WHILE AND TRY THE 30 SEC HOLD DOWN AGAIN. BECAUSE EARLIER TO DAY I TRIED TO START IT,SO I MIGHT HAVE WORSENED THE PROBLEM BEFORE HAND.

Quick Reply: SPARK PLUGS FOULED? (BRAND NEW BIKE)