New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Soon to be new rider in North Va

Old 12-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soon to be new rider in North Va

Hey there,

I'm a female rider finally signed up for my MSF. I had to wait 5 months just for registration for the spring class, and now another 3 months until class. I'm picking up a ninja 250, but plan to buy a F4I at the end of next year. I've been skimming this forum for a few days and it made me decide to swing by the local Honda dealer to see what they had. They had 4 little sport bikes tucked in the back corner of the show room and I sat on the 06 F4I. A lovely fit and I'm pretty set on it after I bang around on my 250.

Have the 2007 colors been suggested or announced yet? The black and blue is absoutly lovely. With the amount of dirt bikes and ATV's stacked in the show room I wouldn't be suprised if those same 4 bikes where still there when I next go back. I'm not going to assume and hope that blue or silver will be options in 2007. I'm fortunate to possess a 33 inch inseam with my 5'7 height, so I flatfoot pretty much everything I sit on. With the ergos and looks of the bike, I'm pretty much sold.

I don't have the option of doing the standby for MSF. I'm a police dispatcher who is on the midnight shift. I have to take time off for the class and time off must be preapproved. Next month is the month of gear buying and getting my gloves and boots broken in for class. I'm also a firefighter/EMT when I have spare time, so I'm very obsessed with wearing all gear all of the time. After all, motorcycle gear weighs less then bunker gear I figure.

This site has been great on the information aspect. I plan to sit back and finish reading.

And as for the user name.... its directly related to my primary hobby.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Default RE: Soon to be new rider in North Va

Welcome to the forum!!! Enjoy the ride!!![sm=hiya.gif]

Old 12-08-2006, 12:09 PM

[sm=welcomesign.gif]

Welcome and I'm glad to hear you're doing things the right way. I'm glad you're taking the course. You'll learn a lot and you'll enjoy it! Remember, when you get your 1st machine, I recommend you take it to an open field (parking lot) and practice there before hitting the street.

Take things in baby steps. Start out in local, familiar streets. Take your time. Get comfortable. Try and link up with someone help you along the process. Ride at your own pace and don't try to keep up with the others. In due time...

[sm=signs003.gif]

Get yourself some gear. Leather jacket and gloves are a must. Of course a good helmet. Remember..with Gear - you get what you pay for.

And finally, enjoy it. At 1st, it may be more work than fun...but that's natural. You'll need to built up your comfort level before you begin to truly enjoy it.

Take advantage of this forum. No stupid question... ask!

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 12-08-2006, 08:47 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

I took the MSF course...good stuff. Check out the ladies lounge!

Old 12-11-2006, 12:10 PM

Welcome 2 the forum. To answer ur question about 07 color options on the F4i......sorry, but there isn't going to b an 07 F4i. This might make u change ur plans, but I'm sure u'll b happy with any year of Honda and any model of Honda u choose. They truly are great bikes.

Old 12-11-2006, 04:29 PM

Hey your just like me I plan on taking the MSF course and getting my 250 Ninja Kawasaki then the CBR f4i.No 2007 model eh? Oh well...Still going for it

Oh and welcome to the CBRFORUM.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:13 AM

Good luck with the bike.
What part of No.VA ya in?
I'm in manassas