New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

So... I'm th FNG

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post So... I'm th FNG

so I'm new to the forum world, and honestly I only found this site after I started my rebuild. from what I saw it was a really cool community and had some great information. I feel that I not only can learn a lot from y'all but that I may also have a couple trips up my sleeves that I could teach someone in need.

I bought my '02 CBR 600 F4i last month around this time and was swiftly the victim of an attempted homicide. got ran off the road at relatively low speed (about 50 mph) and ended up in a ditch 12ft below the road surface. luckily didn't get hurt nearly as bad as the bike did. three broken fingers, a sprained ankle, and $1500 later my bike is almost back to the street again (waiting on deliveries so I can reassemble)

once I get it completely put back together ill get some pics up. if it comes out the way I think it will, it should be something to look at.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Even though it was probably the cars fault, as a rider you are responsible for your own life. Smart riding is making sure you have a way out when cars do stupid things.

Good luck finishing the rebuild!

Old 07-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum,

Glad you mended and decided to rebuild your bike. There are some strange folk out there!

Looking forward to the pictures of your rebuilt bike.

Cheers, SB

Old 07-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

welcome to CBRF! i, too, am sorry to hear about your off. did you get any help from the driver that did run you off the road? i hope they stopped. too often, guys get run off the road and cars just take off on them instead of helping. but i'm glad to hear you're not too banged up. post some pictures of the bike, and as always, we're here to help you get 'er back on the road!

Old 07-22-2013, 08:32 PM

No the person did not stop, quite the contrary actually. The person knew what happened and instead of going through the check point to come on post (I'm in the Army and was headed on post), he turned around at the gate so as to not get caught on camera. So he knew he was involved in a hit and run and I'm guessing the POS didn't have insurance or whatever the excuse. But because he wasn't caught on camera, and he didn't actually make contact with me, the police nor my insurance could help me at all. And it goes down in the books as an at fault accident, at least according to my insurance.

But in a weird twist of fate my wife was just getting off work and happened to be right behind me and her manager was behind her so between the two of them they called the police and paramedics and bada-bing bada-boom, I'm in the hospital and my bike ended up in the bed of my truck.

After I went back to accident scene I realized that even though cars might hate us, someone upstairs is looking out for us. its weird to say but I crashed in the absolute perfect spot. I went down in grass between where a closely clustered group of trees ended and the guard rail began, a space of not more than 15 feet.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:07 PM

Welcome!!! Enjoy the site and share some pics!!!

Old 07-23-2013, 03:41 AM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome

Old 07-23-2013, 11:54 PM

Welcome to CBRF...