New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Re-NEW member - looking for which bike to buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-NEW member - looking for which bike to buy

Hey Guys (and girls),

So... my bike got stolen a couple of months ago and I haven’t been back to the forum since. At the time I thought it was a blessing in disguise (high interest, not riding much) but now I am pretty much losing my mind. I NEED another bike and I would appreciate your input. I have learned some things since I was a complete noobie when I bought my '04 F4i. That bike is a complete B*^$H to mod. Engine mods are few and far between, you can'tadd swing arm spools, I had to cut my plastics to add frame sliders... as all of you know, the list goes on forever. From the limited research I have done, I am bouncing between 2 bikes. EITHER 1000RR or R1. Side note: I know I am on aHonda forum, but this community has been good to me for the past 3 years and I figuredthis was a goodenvironment for me to ask this question...I really don't sway either way too much. Even though she was difficult, I loved myF4i, so I think I want to stay with Honda. But, I know the R1 is pretty popular, so I swing that way as well. Does anyone have any recommendations in regards to which one I should get or if there is another liter bike that I should be looking into as well? I am not looking to buy a new bike, maybe '03-'04??? I want only want to spend about $7,000. ANY input (other than flaming) would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

Old 06-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Default RE: Re-NEW member - looking for which bike to buy

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I couldn't tell which liter bike to get but I would just like to throw out the new 600rr are AMAZING! and it might be something you could look into.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are plenty of upgrades for the 1kRR and the 600RRs out there. And you should be able to find a good 04 to 06 in that price range with a bit of $$ left over for schtufff.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:39 PM

IMHO- The yami has a better looking bike, but its power doesn't really hit until you are in the higher RPM's. Honda's power hits much lower which makes it a LOT more fun. I have NEVER looked back. I absolutely LOVE this bike!

Good luck with your decision.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:51 PM

I've owned an '06 R1 and just bought an '08 CBR 1000 and can honestly say that yes - while the Yamaha does look nice - in my opinion it doesn't ride near as nice. I'm not just talking about performance but the whole experience. I think the CBR is more comfortable and a little more smooth at the same time. To me - looks are important but very subjective because they generally all look pretty bad ***!!!

If you can get an oppportunity to try them both - do it... I think you'll like the CBR a tad better.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:06 AM

Yea, you guys have a good point on these two types of motorcycle.. I miss my Cbr.. Ridding a 05 Raven R6 now..