New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

owner of a new 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default owner of a new 600rr

hello fello riders, glad to join this forum.

Just purchased a 2009 cbr 600rr with 99miles on it. I am very exited@!!!

Its a silver on metallic black color combo. I really love it. Looking forward for a lot of riding before the end of season.

Today, I've got to go and pick it up. Wish I get some tips n tricks from u all..
  • The bike had been sitting in the garage for few months now, what pre-checks must I perform before riding the bike home? (its about a 50mile ride on the I-95).
    • What exactly comes with the bike? (Such as manual/keys/tools)

Old 10-09-2010, 04:02 PM

Never purchased a new bike so I can't answer those questions for you, but congrats on the purchase! Post up some pics when you get her back.

Check your tire pressure - i'm sure at that new of a bike you wont' really have any 'sitting' issues at this point.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:30 PM
    Banned
    Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bike came with the tool set, keys, and battery tender. I got my manual off the internet(free). Check the brakes, fluids, lights and an overall visual inspection of the entire bike looking for loose or missing bolts(even on the fairings,dont want them tearing off at 80mph). Tire pressure like he said too. Hey, Welcome to the forum too!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
    Never purchased a new bike so I can't answer those questions for you

Sorry if I had mislead you, I meant to say its a new bike for me, but I am actually the second owner...

anyways thanks for the tips, I finally picked up the bike it is excellent!!! I really love it. Though this bike being my first sport bike, my first ride on it (50miles) was enjoyable... my face was full of smiles when I was riding it and at the end of the trip while staring at it...

will take some nice pics n post them this week...

Old 10-09-2010, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by OutlawF4
    My bike came with the tool set, keys, and battery tender. I got my manual off the internet(free). Check the brakes, fluids, lights and an overall visual inspection of the entire bike looking for loose or missing bolts(even on the fairings,dont want them tearing off at 80mph). Tire pressure like he said too. Hey, Welcome to the forum too!
    hai thanks for the tips outlawf4... n I am looking forward for a wonderful time with my bike and all the tips n tricks from this form...

Old 10-09-2010, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by wannabearider
    and at the end of the trip while staring at it...
    Hah I hope you at least got done riding her before you started your intense staring session!

Not to long after I got my bike I went past a row of windows I could see my reflection in and almost drifted into the curb from looking at myself! not my finest moment.

But anyways congrats again! can't wait to see the pics. Glad you guys got home just fine.
    What type of bike did you come from?

Old 10-09-2010, 10:42 PM

Don't know if this applies to your situation, but I bought a used f4i from the Honda dealer and didn't find out until 2 years later that original owner had purchased extended warranty which automatically transferred over to me when I bought the bike. If the original owner had wanted to he could have canceled or sold the warranty back to the dealer and then I would have been paying for those new front rotors. Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Old 10-09-2010, 10:51 PM

Outlaw4 is right. All you get is a tool-set (mine consisted of an allen-wrench and a helmet lock when i bought my 09 new), manual and keys. You should get two keys, and on the keys is a small metal plate with a number on it. Dont lose this metal plate w/numbers. If you somehow manage to lose both your keys you can give the plate/numbers to a shop and that will help with getting you another set of keys without replacing the whole ignition.