New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

not an owner yet, and this is why....

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: not an owner yet, and this is why....

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 06-26-2007, 12:43 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Does California even require insurance? Florida doesn't.
Yes! they have very strict insurance laws. A law was just passed this year stating that if you dont have proof of insurance on a vehicle, the registration will be suspened. But either way I have to have an SR-22 fiiled with the DMV or my license will be suspened....so yeah i need insurance.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:05 PM

Ouch. Never saw an insurance quote like that. I agree with Mad that you'll have to find a "low end" insurance company, maybe through a broker, that would be willing to cover you for liability only.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Banned

Maybe the RR isn't for you, there are alot of other bikes that are very capable on the rode and in all honesty, a 600cc sportbike is alot for a noob, so maybe something else would be better for alot of reasons. Maybe an older used bike or some of the naked bikes are very cool and maybe be cheaper to insure and easier to ride for a year or two until you can figure a way to get that DUI to drop off or something.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:48 PM

With the recent DUI and the wanting of a 600 cc RR, I don't think your going to be finding a lot of good insurance quotes. Perhaps going with another type of bike for a little while until you can get better quotes on insurance would be a better idea. In Cali these insurance rates are ridiculous I know this too because I live here, luckily I still go with my parents when insuring, and since they are insuring 5 cars a house, and another bike in the name they give us a good break on my motorcycle. If I ever got a DUI, although, no one would insure me most likely for a good price as well on a sportbike. ]

Not trying to be an *** just trying to be realistic, insurance companies probably view you as a ridiculously high risk to insure, because of the DUI and you being in your early twenties with no motorcycle experience.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can anyone tell me what is a DUI? I'm far way from your place guys. Is it same like my place here where we call it NCB (non claimable benefit)? its a diskaun rate every year when you renew your insurance if you had not involved in any accidents.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:24 AM

ORIGINAL: dinez74

Can anyone tell me what is a DUI? I'm far way from your place guys. Is it same like my place here where we call it NCB (non claimable benefit)? its a diskaun rate every year when you renew your insurance if you had not involved in any accidents.

Driving under the influence

Old 06-27-2007, 08:16 AM

DUI is driving under the influence, also known as DWI - Driving while intoxicated.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. Down here our licence will be revoked if we are found guilty of driving under the influence

Old 06-28-2007, 03:53 AM

Should have seen a lawyer to get that taken care of. He probably would have saved you a ton of money insurance wise where all you had to do was pay his fee. Now you have to wait til the DUI drops off and that could take a while.

Quick Reply: not an owner yet, and this is why....