New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Newbie

Hello my name is Rick and im 17, i recently bought a 94 honda cbr 600 f2, I am new to the whole motorcycle field. I still need to get my lisense yet lol. Right now I have put in a manual CCT because the automatic one was giving out and had a horrible sound (scary i thought i already broke my bike lol) and the bike has been stripped down to get repainted in the next day or two, I am really excited for summer so I can ride it. It sounds cool too =)

Old 01-20-2010, 10:58 PM

Welcome to the forum and the world of motorcycles. I suggest taking it real easy. Throw on frame sliders or maybe even holding off repainting the bikes til you put some good riding time in first. That way when (everyone will ) you lay the bike down, you won't be too dissapointted. I'm not bashing on a noob by anymeans, I'm just saying beginners are more than likely to lay their bike down with in the first few months of riding.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:58 AM
Banned

Congrats on the F2 Rick and welcome to CBRF!! Man, I would have given one of my lesser used internal organs to have a sport bike at 17, and the F2 is a good one to start on. The CCT is a common problem with those bikes. How many miles are on it?

Now I know you're going to hear this from everyone, but take care on it. Being new to motorcycles in general too, I'd take the MSF as soon as you can. It will not only make you a better rider, but it should help reduce the ridiculous amount insurance money you are going have to shell out.

Swing by the F2 Section with any questions you have and take care and enjoy the forums.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the CBRF, Rick! Congrats on the new ride, and like the others said... take the MSF if you can.
Some training and good gear are priceless.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:06 PM

Thanks for the greetings! my bike has about 20,000 miles on it and its getting painted next week i really hope i dont wipe out, and what should i do and not do while driving to avoid wiping out? I would have waited to paint it but
I want it to look brand spanking new for summer, i have already purchased a honda jacket and glove and am currently looking for a helmet

Old 01-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best suggestion, go take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic Rider Course. Get your wobbly starts out of your system there, on their 250s without traffic behind you leaning on the horn.

While you're waiting for the MSF course, grab a good book on riding. Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist II is an excellent book on riding techniques. Lee Park's Total Control is also pretty good but is a bit more technical heavy. Both will give better explanations than most of us can mostly because they got paid to write the books

This thread from Juliet (who'll prolly hop in to welcome you with a bit of self promotion later) about Counter-Steering is a good explanation of something that can save your life

Corner fast ... don't crash! (Important update page 4 .. body steer)

Old 01-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site and to motorcycling Richard!
Congrats on the F2,post some pics when you get a chance
Looks like the basics of getting started have been posted so I really dont have anything to add for a new rider.
Good luck & ride safe

Old 01-25-2010, 05:11 PM

welcome bro...make yer self at home....I loved my F2...so will you...

Old 01-25-2010, 06:33 PM

thanks guys ill try to post some pics after i get it all back together

Quick Reply: Newbie