New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Newbie with '02 CBR600F4i in Huntsville, Al

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with '02 CBR600F4i in Huntsville, Al

Hey Guys (and Gals),
Just bought this bike a few weeks ago, and have been riding every chance i get. I don't have a digital camera, but it's the silver/red flavor. I've always wanted a motorcycle of my own since i was a wee lad. I tried to subside the urge by getting an '01 s2000, but the 9k redline just wasn't enough .

I've been reading a lot of the horror stories about newbies dropping or completely wrecking their bikes all over the place because they didn't respect the bike. I did take the MSF course 2 years ago, and have done plenty of reading on how to ride, but have virtually no experience. Everything about riding has come very natural to me so far. I know not to ride outside my limits, and haven't felt like i was in over my head at all. So far the only thing that's scared me are the bad Alabama drivers. Just wondered if i was a freak of nature, or if you just don't hear stories about the people who want to learn how to ride well before popping wheelies and such?

I'm also glad to see there's a forum for these bikes. I gained huge amounts of knowledge about my s2000, saved a bunch of money, and even got a job through meeting people off the s2000 boards.

If there are any Northern Alabama or Southern Tennessee groups that meet up, let me know!
-grant

Old 01-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Default RE: Newbie with '02 CBR600F4i in Huntsville, Al

Are you on the Huntsville racing site as well....if so, my little friend Piper got me to sign up there....LOL....Anyway, welcome!!

Old 01-27-2006, 02:55 PM

welcome grant! i think there's another member here from huntsville... "sprout". might want to pm him. anyway i go to huntsville quite a bit. got a good friend down there. also, i recently visited Barber. been there? yeah there are some crazy drivers there... but that's true just about anywhere nowadays! i like huntsville roads though.... smooth and there are some very nice clover leafs next time i'm down i'll let you know.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: pitsvtec

Are you on the Huntsville racing site as well....if so, my little friend Piper got me to sign up there....LOL....Anyway, welcome!!

Haven't joined the racing site. Did meet some of those guys the few times i auto-x'd the s2000. There are definitely some car nuts in this town

Old 01-27-2006, 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr04

welcome grant! i think there's another member here from huntsville... "sprout". might want to pm him. anyway i go to huntsville quite a bit. got a good friend down there. also, i recently visited Barber. been there? yeah there are some crazy drivers there... but that's true just about anywhere nowadays! i like huntsville roads though.... smooth and there are some very nice clover leafs next time i'm down i'll let you know.

I still haven't made it to Barber, even though i used to live right by it in birmingham (was too busy finishing up college when it opened). I have to say Huntsville is probably the nicest town in the state. There are definitely some fun roads if you go a bit east of Huntsville too(look up "crow mountain" next time you head this way ). I know of a local irish pub with cheap beer next time you're down.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:12 PM

yeah my friend actually designs roads there in hsv... suggested more twisties for us motorcyclists... lol i'll definitely look up crow mtn and be in touch next time i'm down!

Old 01-27-2006, 04:10 PM
L8X

what kinda bike is it?

Old 01-27-2006, 04:18 PM

'02 CBR600F4i...Mostly stock except previous owner put an undertail kit (hotbodies i think), and jardine-rt one aluminum exhaust on.

Old 01-27-2006, 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr04

yeah my friend actually designs roads there in hsv... suggested more twisties for us motorcyclists... lol
haha i agree...i have to say the design keeps traffic down, unless you get an idiot that doesn't know how to merge...then instant traffic jam.

Old 01-28-2006, 12:01 PM

Welcome

Quick Reply: Newbie with '02 CBR600F4i in Huntsville, Al