New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Newb to the Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb to the Forum

Whats up everyone? I have been looking on here for about two weeks and I love this, and everything about. Now about myself I'm Travis and I live in K.C. MO "not the best place for a bike owner." Now for my bike I have a 2001 929rr Erion 'yes I know yet another erion guy'. From what I was told the bike has fully polished stock wheels, 1 up 2 down, power commander, and I think thats it that I can think of. Now for my big question I have owned the bike for about 3 weeks now and I have known this bike for about two years now and it hasn't had any problems with running and starting. The bike sat about a week of 30 below and now the bike won't fire. I try to start the bike and it just turns and every once in a while it will fire with a twist of the throttle and it runs like **** for about 15-20 sec. then dies. I just check the plugs, filter, and some of the messy wiring, and everything looks fine. I'm going crazy not being able to ride the bike when we have like 3 days of warm weather. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Newb to the Forum

Welcome. Good to have you hear. You may want to post your question in the tech section.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie

Hi and welcome Travis.
Might want to post your ? in the 929 or general tech forum for an answer.
However , I'll put in my 2 cents.
Sounds like bad gas/water/ice in gas/tank

Old 01-10-2009, 02:08 AM

I can't help you with the tech problem, but I can say that zero people here are thinking "oh great, another erion". They are badass bikes, great looking and better performing. It's great to have you here and let us know what she looks like if you can.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for the welcomes. About the bike a little background to help. The bike with the first owner for a couple years was kept in perfect condition. One day he had a wild hair up his *** and tried to ride a wheelie at 140 and dropped at 140. The bike had bad road rash but he took the bike to the local dealer and they said it only had cosmetic damage and the overall bike was straight. Then another buddy of mine bought the bike and he has no respect for anything. The bike became pretty much a stunt bike. It got a cage, front upper fairings ripped off, headlight trashed, wiring is a mess but still works. Then came me I bought the bike for 800 and it still rides like it was only a year old. Untell now when the problems started happening. I'm going to try to get some pics of the bike today and get them on here. Btw I put a post in the 929 area. Thanks guys.