New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New rider and proud owner of a 2001 F4i! :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New rider and proud owner of a 2001 F4i! :)

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the scene, allllways wanted to ride... long story short I finally got my license picked up a bike and now here I am

Picked 'er up Friday night, and today was my first day ever riding. A little apprehensive at first, just started out on my own, and things worked out great so I've been riding all day Met up with some friends in the afternoon and went on a group ride too.

2001 CBR F4i, just under 34,000 kms, fresh full service at the end of last season, newer tires, bat, brakes etc etc. It was dropped by the previous owner, so it's scratched along the right fairing and the front cowling is broken (still solid enough to ride as is for now). Mechanically solid, and still looks great imo.

Anyway, I know these threads are useless without pics so here are a couple I took quick today of the bike and jacket I got along with the deal:

I've already been reading up and getting info from the forum, and now I'm looking forward to being a part of it all.

Cheers!
Ryan

Old 06-06-2011, 12:26 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Ho Ryan, Nice bike!! Wow you already did group ride? cool. Ride safe. welcome aboard

Old 06-06-2011, 09:03 AM

Oh man - love the color scheme!

Welcome to the forum

EDIT: and do yourself a HUGE favor and take a MSF class asap.

Last edited by NateDieselF4i; 06-06-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Hey there F4iTANG, looks like you've contracted the sickness. Feels good, don't it? Good of you to post pics; nice looking bike. BTW, you can fix that fairing with some fiberglass if you're so inclined. Cheaper than getting a replacement. There's tons of F4i owners here, so make yourself at home.

Welcome to CBRF Name:  crazy.gif
Views: 8
Size:  3.1 KB

Old 06-06-2011, 07:11 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

Old 06-07-2011, 10:33 PM

Thanks guys.

Today it was raining all day even after work, but yesterday I went out with a buddy for about an hour then after he went in I kind of took the 'long way home'... lol
5 mins turned into 1-2 hours... haha and yes, this sickness, it definitely feels good!
There's quite a few guys around here that ride, so I'm sure we'll be having lots of group rides over the summer too

I would like to take the course and do realize that I really should, but last time I checked in the area they were pretty booked up and to be honest it's hard to drop another $400 right away... I'm learning what I can from other more experienced riders and just lots of practice for now.

As for fiberglass repair, I'll definitely look into that possibility. I haven't ever worked with FG before but I'm always up for trying something out though and doing some work myself if possible. Not the biggest priority right now though as it sits solid and is just really cosmetics along with the scratches on the right side fairing (though it would be reeally nice to have cleaned up as she deserves!)

Think I might do an oil change this weekend, just for peace of mind really and top up the other fluids if necessary. Anything else I should be checking up on asap?