proud new owner of a 04 RR!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default proud new owner of a 04 RR!

Well...today was the day.... bike showed up...better condition than i imagined. took it on my first ride on a street bike....Awesome. hit 65....no problems known as of yet. good tires...smooth breaking...smooth shifting. (rode dirtbikes for a long time prior to this) wasnt that much diff than a dirt bike....not as bad as i imagined. even got it up my 200 yard pure loose sand driveway. all is good.

1 question... normal for it to idle like RrrrrRrrrrRrRrrrrrRrrr then smooth out within 15 seconds of it running? i work on cars....so i fear the worst....im sure its fine.. gap the throttle and it revs smooth... no misfiring felt...no skips felt.

regardless for 2000 bucks and a 500 dollar tool box.... bike is in awesome shape minus a couple scratches and the front fairing cracked right above the headlight. LOVE IT!

Old 08-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Old 08-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the money you did great

Old 08-10-2010, 12:50 PM

lol i went and bought a helmet off of CL and it felt OK but when i got it home and tried it a secodn time....nah no deal...oh well.. 30 bucks...i just need to go to a store and try them on for an hour... the padding in this one (hjc) doesnt even contact my cheeks.....it doesnt roll off my head though....but i know thats just not good enough. the helmet i got with the bike was involved in the *mishap* so i dont want to wear a wrecked helmet.

about the idle... the RRrrRrrrRRrrRRrrRRrr normal during warmup or am i looking at valve problems :/

Old 08-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sean80
lol i went and bought a helmet off of CL and it felt OK but when i got it home and tried it a secodn time....nah no deal...oh well.. 30 bucks...i just need to go to a store and try them on for an hour... the padding in this one (hjc) doesnt even contact my cheeks.....it doesnt roll off my head though....but i know thats just not good enough. the helmet i got with the bike was involved in the *mishap* so i dont want to wear a wrecked helmet.

about the idle... the RRrrRrrrRRrrRRrrRRrr normal during warmup or am i looking at valve problems :/
yea during warm up thats normal.

On the helmet fit, it should be snug n not more around on you head at all. You of someone else should be able to grab the chin guard n shake it back n forth n your head should got with it. Loose isnt good I suggest getting the best Helmet you can afford too. More expensive doesnt always mean safer, but fit, comfort, weight, and ventilation is usually better with your known names etc

Old 08-10-2010, 01:05 PM

amen. the helmet i got with it fits better so i might ride with it until i can get a new new one. just take the 30 dollar loss and say screw it.

notice a slight ticking as well just now....might be valve adjustment time? or injector ticking.... it isnt rhythmic like injector firing ...just very almost un-noticable tick tick tick.....fine...tick......tick tick tick... --shrug-- not sure what the valve interval is...has 14k on it. either way.. im gonna ride it and praise it being an awesome beginner bike no matter what..

i just keep waiting for something to be WRONG with the bike other than the front fairing lol. im not meaning to look for problems but...occupational mind set.

ty for the help man

Last edited by Sean80; 08-10-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:14 PM

lol someone will laugh at this... so after i parked it...and well let it sit for 3 mins before running outside and firing it back up to move it to the shade... id put it in gear and itd shut off.....every time... i kept goin what the funk? why the hell....it was so good!! i knew it!!! ........... ........
I had the kick stand down. effin n00b lmao.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:04 PM

Congrats on your new bike!
Just a tip about helmets, most helmets that I know of will break in after you wear it a lot. So when you try on a helmet and it's slightly tight around your face, that's okay. My friend got an XL Shoei and now it's too big for him.

Also - after reading a bunch of forums and hearing a bunch of stories, I'm pretty sure everyone goes through your WTF moment when they first get their bike. I know I did. At least you didn't post on the forums asking what's wrong with it

Old 08-10-2010, 04:43 PM

well....just went though my basic diagnostics lol.... which consisted of *maybe since im on a hill and have added tension on the sprocket the transmission is engauging too hard* then second try lol.. nope....lets see....oh.... kick stand lmao.

so about the helmets....both that are too large... ... are medium lol. like the max on the small is 22 inches but the min on medium is 22 1/2.. so great... i have an odd ball sized head.....thats also a friggin small.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:13 PM

Nice bike I wish I could've found a sweet deal like that before I bought my F3. I have a weird shaped head also, I tried on alot of the $350+ helms w/ no luck. Then I found a Icon for $120 bucks and it fit perfect go figure the cheapest one fit the best, no complaints here

Moses

Quick Reply: proud new owner of a 04 RR!