New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new member whoe rides an XR not a CBR

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So... U need to get yourself one of these:

A Switch-relay. Make sure it`s a five-pin model. These are usually used when mounting auxiliary lights to a car, so at least here you can get them from practically any service station for a fiver or so...

This is how it`s wired:

Hope this helps at all... and remember to put a fuse between the battery and the relay.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

I managed to find the wiring diagram for the cbr, assuming the switch you have is from a hurricane, not the superblackbird.

The picture`s really poor quality, but IF I could make out the color codes right, this is the wiring for the switch:

2X black = clutch switch

Green= turn signal power

Orange= to left turn signals

Light blue= to right turn signals

White/Green= passing light power (+horn power)

Blue/white= headlight power

White= lo beam

Blue= Hi beam

White/green+ Light green= horn switch
__________________________________________________ ___
If you have the connector still on the ends of the wires, youll notice, that there`s two blues (hi beam+passing) and two white/greens (passing switch power+horn power). These go to the same two pins (color2color), so they need to be soldered together if you plan to wire the thing exactly as the original.

You need to wire the relay so, that the White wire goes to pin 30, blue goes to pin 85, and the bulb to the relay so that the lo beam goes to pin 87a, and hi to 87. and ground to frame.

That should do it...

Last edited by Mattson; 01-10-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mattson,
Thanks for your efforts. I really appreciate a complete stranger going out of their way to help another complerte stranger. Think how different things could be if everyone would be this way in their daily lives. Thanks again, I hope to get to it next week, so we shall see what happens.
Nick

Old 01-13-2012, 02:52 PM

Nah, it was just fun to sharpen some of the things learned at school. I got an electronics/networking qualification, although have not ever worked one day on the trade... Have helped me out from quite a few sticky situations around bikes, cars and nowadays trucks though... Hope it helps you!