New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello from Canada

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Canada

Hey guy/girls.

Great forum you have, I came across a Carb how-to guide and it was extremely useful. After ready the post I had to sign up. I love in Ontario, Canada and I am going into my second year of riding. I ride a 1996 Smokin' Joe. I paid $2700 for it and it needed some tlc. I made my first mistake by taking it into a local shop after having some issues, I asked for then to change the plugs before anything else and if not go onto carbs, fuel pump, coils etc. I spent a ton of money in the two trips I made there. After it still not running right when I got it back the second. I took it upon myself to change my plugs, and my bike has been good ever since.

I have decided to completely restore my bike as money and parts become available and make it look like it just came off the production line. My Smokin' Joe was built in Jan '96 and is number 48 on the line. Look forward to learning from everyone.

Brad

Old 01-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard Brad.

Paging Scorp! ;-D (F3 SJ member here)

Would like to see pics of your bike when you get a chance.

Hope the rest of your restoration goes well.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:24 PM

I will get some pics up soon, I hope I can post pics already, I know I can't view them, it says I don't have permission. A few things about my bike:

Just over 50 000 km's on her.
Shinko Tires.
Speedo Healer ( Bought it with -1 front sprocket.
Tire hugger just removed.
Need to but a new rear fender and customize the turn signals properly, last owner did a hack job.
Fairings are in ok shape but I am on a misson to replace most of them.
She is running a bit rich but I need to wait for the warmer weather to tune her properly.

She is still running well and I am trying to do some research and find out if the engine will need an overhaul soon, I hope not because I don't have the money right now lol.

On a good note, it's winter time in Canada and almost the middle of January; freezing but dry enough to ride, just got back and I am defrosting.

Cheers

Old 01-13-2012, 07:50 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRf my fellow SJR rider.

we have couple of social groups here for you to check out.
they are both located in the Quick Links > Social Groups, one is F3 riders and the other is for Smokin Joes riders. feel free to come and join up.

post up some pics of that beauty.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by HoeSticker
I will get some pics up soon, I hope I can post pics already, I know I can't view them, it says I don't have permission. A few things about my bike:

Just over 50 000 km's on her.
Shinko Tires.
Speedo Healer ( Bought it with -1 front sprocket.
Tire hugger just removed.
Need to but a new rear fender and customize the turn signals properly, last owner did a hack job.
Fairings are in ok shape but I am on a misson to replace most of them.
She is running a bit rich but I need to wait for the warmer weather to tune her properly.

She is still running well and I am trying to do some research and find out if the engine will need an overhaul soon, I hope not because I don't have the money right now lol.

On a good note, it's winter time in Canada and almost the middle of January; freezing but dry enough to ride, just got back and I am defrosting.

Cheers
Where are you in Canada? Im in Ontario and up until Friday we had no snow. Ofcourse we get snow the week Im picking up my new cbr.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:39 PM

Welcome to CBRF