New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New member in Washington state

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 04:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member in Washington state

I just bought a barely used 2004 CBR1000rr in all gloss black. 2700 miles, no mods other than the ghetto hack job fender eliminator the previous owner did. That will all be changing though. Today I ordered a pair of Greggs Customs flush mount led turnsignals and when I figure out which one to buy I will get a proper fender eliminator kit, to start with. Much more on the horizon I'm sure.

I live in Vancouver, WA just across the river from Portland Oregon. I've been riding since 16 and am now 36, although I took some time off between 20 and 30. I have owned a Kawasaki zx6r, a Honda VFR800, an Aprilia Falco, and most recently a Ducati Multistrada. I'd always wanted a Ducati, unfortunately mine turned out to be a pile. I bought it August 2004 and since April of this year it was in the shop for over 100 days. I finally got it back and got rid of it to buy my CBR! I decided I should own an all out "hyper-bike" at least once in my life and am enjoying it so far. I am 6'1" with a 36" inseam, so the bike does feel very small to me. I have contacted TCM to see if he makes rearset re-locator plates for this bike and he doesn't, but said he'd consider it this winter in the off season. Maybe if any of you other "normal" sized guys out there on CBR's are interested, we could convince him to make them. It would be much more cost effective if he makes more than one set.

Any way, getting off topic here, I really like the CBR so far. It is so smooth and refined compared to the Ducati, not to mention it has about double the horsepower.

Old 09-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New member in Washington state

Wecome to the board! And if you want some good rearsets, just plop down a wad of $$ and get the Sato's. I love mine -- GP shifting and adjustable out the whazzzzo. They look good, too

Old 09-24-2005, 01:55 PM

The Satos came highly recommended from the F&I guy at my dealer. He has them on his ZX10r. My need is something that will go back and lower than stock to give me some leg room. I don't think I'll ever come close to grinding the factory peg, so if it was a bit lower it wouldn't compromise my ground clearance.

Old 09-24-2005, 02:25 PM

Hey whats up man? Welcome to the site. I too live here in Vancouver WA., Orchards to be exact. I can identify with you about the smoothness of the CBR 1000rr, it's almost refined to the point that I can hardly imagine Honda doing anymore to it. I bought the 05' REPSOL 1000rr about 6 weeks ago and have been in total love from the first time I saw pics of it. I rode a F3600 before this so it is a huge difference from that bike. I've got about 5 riding buddies to hang with and today we are actually going to ride out to Corbett this afternoon. Our bikes include a REPSOL(mine), a 04' black CBR1000rr, 05Gixxer1000, 02'Gixxer750, and last but not least my good French friend on his 04'R1. Your more than welcome to go riding with us anytime. Hit me up if your interested in riding with us. Todays a good day if it's not too short of notice for you. Email if your interested and I'll give you directions to meet up with us.

Old 09-24-2005, 02:56 PM

I've gotta work today, so no go for me. I think tomorrow I'm heading up 14 to Carson and back through Cougar to Amboy. I appreciate the offer to ride, but I don't care for groups much larger than three or four. Seems people tend to do a lot more stupid crap to "impress people" in big groups. I actually work in Orchards, so we are pretty close!

Old 09-24-2005, 03:12 PM

Nobody in our group is a show-off. We're all level headed 28+ year olds. We ride, we don't race. If you ever change your mind the invitation is still open. Maybe I'll see you around.

Old 09-24-2005, 03:34 PM

I appreciate that. I've been on European bikes for a while and it seems like a different group (squids?) ride the Jap bikes. I do think the 1000 is a bit different though, since most younger guys can't afford the insurance, so the buyers seem to be a little older/more experienced. I work at Continental Loan, the pawnshop in Orchards right behind Dairy Queen off 106th ave if you ever want to bring that Repsol by so I can have a look!

Have a good ride today,

Travis.

Old 09-26-2005, 11:42 AM

Hey welcome to the site, sounds like you have a nice bike. This is a great place and as you can see there are some great people here that are willing to help out.