New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New member old bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 08:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member old bike

Hey what's happening people. Here's my CBR story.

So I sold my car and I got a 93 CBR F2 from a coworker. Pretty decent when I first got it just needed the front forks rebuilt, a new starter and chain. Ok changed the starter myself easy. Took it to the shop for forks. Changed the chain but it's a like two links too long and a bit loose.
This was my first motorcycle and first time riding as well. Pictures ok the first two is how it looked when I first got no accident. Time for the first accident. The girl I was dating at the time had a huge like lifted suburban, one day I came to visit her and parked behind the beast of that started it all. Her being the pretty girl she was she was always late, always in a rush. I mean you can tell where this is going. She backing into the still unnamed beautiful motorcycle I just got a week before. It bent the front stay mount and just looked pushed in. That's one. Here come the second one. Me being a new rider and no friends in the community I failed to get frame sliders (still don't have a damn pair). So about three months of riding, I took a corner with too much confidence failing to look at the huge oil spill right in the apex of my turn. I had pictures but then deleted them after a week of shame. My right side fairings were scratched but still all attached. I still kept riding, in pain and bleeding.(just for another 10 minutes though.) Time for accident three. Hahaha ok so a couple more months go by now and I should've learned to get some sliders, but nah of course not I rather go eat out a bunch with friends I just met that also ride. So while leave my sisters house heading home one nite and I'm heading onto a curved freeway on ramp and a car come super close and pass me and I hit the sand between the freeway and on ramp that little triangle and fell right there. That's where I broke the upper right fairing and mirror along with the right driver peg. Somehow I'm able to make it home. Rip all the fairings off and say hello to a naked bike project lol jk I planned to fix. Till one day I'm over visiting a buddy at his shop and while I'm in the parking lot waiting to take off a car backs into me pretty hard and I go down. That damaged the right peg I had to replace, the radiator got pushed over a bit and the cap damaged. Broke my front mud flap fairing thing and did some damages to the right end side. The pictures are how it is to date.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts