New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New member from NE Iowa

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from NE Iowa

Wow, this is a great place, I wish I would have checked it out sooner. Restoring a 87 600 Hurricane. Hopefully soon I can have a pic of her. Thank you to everyone, you all make this an awsome place.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there Electrozinger, glad your found our most awesome site; good to have you here.
Good luck with the Hurricane & let us in on how you do...
Welcome to the forum

Old 05-06-2009, 09:38 AM

Can't wait to see pics, learned to ride on a Hurricane from that era. Love those bikes! Which color combo are you working on?

Old 05-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Default Bike Info

I have had the hurricane for about 5 years now, but until recently, I really didn't have a place to work on it. It wasn't in bad shape, but I needed a lot of parts (plastic, mirrors, hardware, seals) to get it rideable. This isn't everything, but a short list of what I've done: Replaced tires, blasted and painted frame, swingarm, tripletrees, got all the plastic, replaced rear break line, got NOS handle bar switches, powder coated handle bars, kick stand, and some hardware, replaced all turning signals, new chain and sprockets, new bearings for swing arm, replaced a V and H can, repaired some wiring and replaced bulbs. Some of my friends think I'm crazy for spending so much time with it, but hey, I'm in love. I have some idle issues which I have to figure out and finish the painting. Since all the plastic has been picked up over time, there was never a color since I've owned the bike. It will be white with gold stripes and gold pearl overlay. I know that it's not the original colors, but I'm going to try and keep similar stripes as the original. I'm 31 and have been riding since 18, all street bikes, but this is my only sports bike, (that is until I get my next cbr, wanting to eventually get an F2). Thanks again for having such a awsome place.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello & welcome to our most awesomest forum! lol
A project/restore of a Hurricane 600?
Sweet!
Used to have a red/black '87 'Cane as my first bike, ALOT of great memories ....**hhmmm sigh***
Can't wait to see the pics