New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New member here, new to the F4I but not riding!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member here, new to the F4I but not riding!

I just wanted to stop in a say hi! I'm a 35 year old Professional Fire Fighter/EMT. I live in Western KY. I'm Happily divorced. I'm new to the F4I but not a new rider. I started on a 95 Suzuki Katana(starter bike after being off one sinceI was 18) 2 years ago. ThenIsold it and moved to an 01 Honda VFR Interceptor(I loved this bike)about a year agoand now today I bought an 01 F41 (Red/White Color scheme). I lucked up on the 2001 F4I in Nashville Tn the bike was in decent shape with only 11,245 miles on it and the price was right. Below is the reason why, I'm now on an F4I. Allnew riders should read it!!!!!
(this is a revised blog post off of Myspace but it explains everything)

It all started out last Wednesday (March 12) afternoon. Me and several friends decided to take a ride since the weather was so nice. Well, we ended up going to the lakes to ride the Trace, it was a great day for riding. Well after seeing several cops along the way we decided to ride right around the speed limit since non of us wanted a ticket. Ok the north part of the trace wasa great ride and then we crossed into to TN for the south part. I had my wreck at the buffalo pens right on the other side of the state line in Stewart CO. I hit a loss patch of gravel or salt(left from the recent snow fall) and it made my back tire loose traction. Since I was riding on the outside part of my lane(side next to the ditch) it caused my back tire to go skidding off of the pavement onto the shoulder I then proceeded to keep going into a shallow ditch and then under a fence. Well, as you can see from looking at pictures(myspace picture album http://www.myspace.com/stonewalls_place)of the bike 90% of the damage is on the left side and that’s where I have most of my lite injuries at as well. I rode the bike all the way to the ground an have minor scraps on my left leg and left shoulder to show for it.I apparently hit my head on something because I cracked my helmet and it apparently knocked me out becauseI have no memory of the accident after my back tire broke traction. Anyway this is not somethingI recommend that you try at home(It hurts)!! Well, after coming too, to a certain degree my buddies call me and ask where the heck I’m at, I tell them that I’m down on the side of the road. (now I have no memory of this call, remember this knocked me for a loop.) Well they arrive at about the same time that the TN state patrol car and the ambulance arrive. Well, by this time, I have my helmet off and am stumbling around upset becauseI have wrecked my bike. I was very upset. I let myself be talked into going to the hospital by the ambulance people and my friends. The ambulance staff was very nice and did everything they should have done to take care of me or at least what I let them do.(I’m not a good patient) My hats off to that crew. The state trooper asked how fast I was going....I replied I was going around 55 or 50-60mph due the fact that we had already seen 2 KY state troopers and that I didn’t want a ticket. he thought this was sort of funny for some reason.(note: he was not laughing because I wrecked my bike he was laughing because of the way I replied to his questions) He was a very nice guy as well(so that lays to rest the rumor that all police officers are ****** to motorcycle riders). The ambulance crew then proceeded to take me to Murray Calloway County ER, where I was X-rayed and CTed till the Er Doc was satisfied that I hadn’t broke anything and that I was very lucky. The ER staff and the Doc were very nice as well. I need to thank the group of guys I was riding with for all of there help and

Old 04-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New member here, new to the F4I but not riding!

damn I feel your pain... thankfully in my case w/ the YZF it was an idiot driver who pulled out in front of me and I suffered no injuries(well besides a tail-bone bruise) but the bike was totalled and I needed the money for school expenses and my upcoming semester abroad(Spring of '07) so I waited until now to get a new bike and so far(only 30 miles) pretty satisfied w/ the F4i... now just can't wait for Spring to finally start!!!! Even though I went for a midnight ride tonight when it was about 25....

as for it being the most stolen bike, makes sense since they're pretty common(isn't the Accord one of the, if not the most stolen car?).... makes me want to get an alarm, thankfully it's safely parked in my garage when it's not being ridden.

good to see you're ok and getting back on the horse, I was in those same shoes and decided to give this another shot, the interesting thing is that you're an EMT and you ride.... my bro is a firefighter/EMT and after all the stuff he's seen he'd definitely not want to get on a bike...