New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello!

Hi! I'm new to the forums...
I'm 22 and just got into bikes.
I finished my MSF course last week Sunday and got my certificate and license on Friday. Just thought I would say hello
I will be getting a bike around April if all goes well.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Retired Admin
Default RE: Hello!

Hey welcome to the site. What arte you going to be getting for a bike? Done any dirt riding? Lots of help on this site for new riders....don't hesitate to ask if you have questions!

Old 03-31-2008, 05:34 PM

Never rode dirt bikes before. I'm planning on getting a f4i. Just went to the dealership today and checked some out. What is a good price range for the f4i? Most of them seem to be around $5500~$6500 and the mileage was all below 5000.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi and[sm=welcomesign.gif] to the forum!
GLad to hear you got your license already, smart move.
I assume you are looking to get a CBR for a first bike, hence the joining of this forum?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:40 PM

Before I even took my MSF I joined up on kawiforums and gixxer fourms. I done some research and it seems the CBR is the perfect bike for me.
Any tips on what to look out for when getting a used bike?
I read up all the things on http://www.clarity.net/~adam/buying-bike.html , but it wouldn't hurt to hear more from CBR owners.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:53 PM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on completing the msf course. You should know that there will be many attempts to steer you away from getting a cbr for a first bike. However, you won't be the first, nor will you be the last. Just know when and where to test you and your bikes abilities. Just some food for thought. I'm done.

Again, welcome and ride safe.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:25 PM

I would recommend taking someone who knows what to look for... all the wear items, how the bike runs/shifts, etc.

An F4i can be a good first bike if your head is in the right place. Take it easy and keep it under 7,000 rpm for a while.

Good luck and post up some pics when you get one!

Old 04-02-2008, 02:54 AM

Thanks for all the help guys. I gave it a thought for a good while. At first I thought of getting the 08 Ninja 250r but after finding things bout the recall and many riders saying 250 gets old really fast kind of made me think about it twice. I actually went and checked out couple F4I's at a local dealership and the price seems pretty good. I'll make sure to post pictures when I get it.