New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New member here

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member here

Hey guys, i thought i would get a jump start on this BIKE thing since im planning on getting a honda 600 for sure. Any of you have any advice on what the differences are between me getting an F4i or a 600rr?

What are the pros and cons of each, and what do you think its worth buying?

thanks for the help!

Old 12-21-2006, 07:24 PM
Default RE: New member here

do a search for that in the search section of this site youll be surprised on how much you can find theres endless info i personally love the RR but it iscompletely up to the rider

Old 12-22-2006, 01:35 AM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 12-22-2006, 02:37 AM

ORIGINAL: danny600rr

do a search for that in the search section of this site youll be surprised on how much you can find theres endless info
+1 on that

i personally have an f4i...i love it...but it is deff up do u...if your looking for all out street sport/racing riding, go with the RR...but if your looking for a sport commuter/tourer...go with the f4i...the f4i is more comfortable by far...ive done a few 3 hour rides on it, and not had too many pains at all....the 2 bikes are almost the same power wise...tho i think the f4i is a little easier...if this is ur 1st bike, i would reccomend the f4i...i have been more than happy with my bike...its also about the look u want...some people hate the banana seat or the side exhaust on the f4i, others dont want the split seat or the undertail exhaust on the RR...ya...just my $.02...deff check the other threads about this and go to the dealer and try to sit on both if they have em in the show room...geta feel for em...whatever u do...go w/ a CBR!

EDIT: o ya...[sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 12-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[sm=welcomesign.gif]

F4i or RR.... both great bikes can't go wrong with either. It's up to you and what type of riding you do. RR is more track oriented, and has way less comfy ergos, and the F4i is more of an all around "do it all" kinda bike. I've got an F4i and love it... wouldn't trade it for anything! I do alot of long trips though and put a decent number of miles on my bike, so I need the better ergos... fits me perfect! If you're gonna be commuting or doing long trips, I'd definitely recommend an F4i over an RR, LOL. My advice, go sit on both, see what you like and what seems to fit you based on your riding style.

Good luck!

Old 12-24-2006, 03:20 AM

welcome and like everyone said that whole "rr vs. F4i" topic has been discussed a million times but i have an f4i and love it good power, good control, and pretty comfortable and i personally like the look of the F4i better because i dont mind the bananna seat and i like the side mount exhaust much better than the undertail

Old 12-24-2006, 05:11 AM

I just can't bring myself to like the banana seat on the new f4i's, but I'll take the 01-03 model over a rr anyday. Again it's all up to you. if you wan't my two pennies, dont buy a new bike. Let someone else pay the arm and a leg for a new one, then come in behind them and buy it for half of what they paid. (I'll never buy a new bike, or a used one from a dealer)

Old 12-24-2006, 05:51 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: crazy900rr

I just can't bring myself to like the banana seat on the new f4i's, but I'll take the 01-03 model over a rr anyday. Again it's all up to you. if you wan't my two pennies, dont buy a new bike. Let someone else pay the arm and a leg for a new one, then come in behind them and buy it for half of what they paid. (I'll never buy a new bike, or a used one from a dealer)
BUT - Only buy a used bike if you know for sure that it's been broken-in correctly, it wasn't torchured and it wasn't crashed. Everyone around here (LC, NM) are retarded and treats their bikes like crap. No proper maintenence, long periods between oil changes, bouncing the engine off it's rev-limiter at every stop, dropping the bikes or laying them down (on a regular basis), stunting, etc. I couldn't find one used bike anywhere that didn't show symptoms of abuse or mal-maintenence. So beware of that.

I just said screw it, went out and bought a brand new RR (greatest bike ever as far as I'm concerned). Paid $8500 OTD. Since its the off-season, you might still be able (if there's any left) to pick up a 06 RR for about $7800 OTD. I much rather buy a new bike for a couple thousand more, than get an abused used bike that I'll end up spending the same amount as a new bike to fix it all the time. - But that's just my two cents (now worth a whopping 4.47 million dollars (previously 3.35 mil) for those of you who are keeping track)