New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

Hi Everyone!
Just wanted to say hello to all. I have been visiting the Forum for quite some time now and finally became a member now that I have some decent pics of my bike. I have been riding since I was 6 years old, I started on a Z50r and have loved Honda's ever since! I would have nothing else! I just recently sold my 05 F4i for an 04 RR. I just love the styling of the RR better! I had it painted my favorite, the candy tahitian blue. I love this color! I have only done a few things to my RR so far, and have a never-ending list of other things I want to do it seems. Every time I think the list is done, I see something else I want to do!
I am trying to make my bike a good balance of looks but performance too! I won't be going crazy with extending the swingarm and chroming out everything. Sometimes all that is too much in my opinion. Anyway, so my blue dream as I like to call it, is a work in progress. She's my baby!

I also wanted to thank everyone for the posts and threads on the forum about everything! I have learned so much and check back daily! I'm sure I will be asking all of you for input on things in the future.

Oh, and please bear with me on the uploading of photos, I'm pretty PC literate, but I am new to everything here now that I am a member and am still trying to figure all this out!

Glad to be a member!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/24684/A74F2A9719E64725BD0599ECB378E893.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Default RE: New Member

Awesome looking bike! Be careful out there. All the gear, all the time.

Welcome!

Old 03-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Retired Administrator

Welcome to the forum. Love the blue. The oly flaw I see is it looks like someone harley'd up your rims.

Just kidding, not a fan of any chrome. Bigger pics would be nice to see more details.

Ask all the questions you likes, that's why we hang out here.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:02 PM

Hey guys,
Thanks for comments! Yeah, so I have chrome rims! It took awhile, but they kind of grew on me, what can I say? I have a few pieces of other chrome here and there, but like I said before, I'm not planning on going crazy with it. I think powdercoating will be in my future next winter. That's also when I plan on doing a lot more performance upgrades. Right now the two bros pipe is about it. As for the gear comments, I always wear the gloves, boots, and riding jacket! A no brainer for me! I need to save some cash for my to-do list for it next winter so I won't be doing a whole lot more to it for awhile.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Retired Administrator

A lot of members here like chrome too, I'm just one of the odd *****. Plus I'm lazy... chrome takes a lot of work to keep up.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:28 AM

Nice toy! Not a fan of chrome here either, but it does look good on your bike. I'm planning on repainting my 88 CBR 1000F white and dark teal to make it stand out more. Did you paint it yourself or have a shop do it? I'm hunting the forums here for advice on doing it myself.

Welcome and remember keep the rubber side down

Old 03-14-2008, 12:22 PM

My 06 1KRR is still bone stock and it still moves my soul the way it did the first day i got it it brand spanking new..... funny how getting a bike with 0 miles on it makes a lasting impression... but i like the color and welcome aboard.

Like DC said...ask away thats why we are here.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Default Paint Job

To CBRDRUID:

When I first saw the blue I fell in love with it. When I went looking around for another bike, I saw this one which really had no plastic on it at all and was sitting in the back of the shop. The only thing recognizeable was the frame and trademark headlights. I asked the guy about it and he offered me a good deal and would paint it ANY color I wanted. So naturally, the color choice was easy. He was planning on repainting it anyway so it was a done deal. She has come a long way from the first day I saw her. To answer your question though, no I didn't paint it myself. I really want to try my hand at it one day though. I am thinking about buying a cheap bike down the road to play with and do everything myself. Just not brave enough to try it right now!!

Old 03-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Default RE: Paint Job

welcome nice looking bike you got there