New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Kid

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 03:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Kid

Hey guys,

I started riding in March and I ride every day :mrgreen: but I decided to register with CBRForum now that I sold my beginner bike (Suzuki GS500F) and upgraded to something better. It's a 2001 CBR600 F4i that, after some forum searching, I believe used to belong to this guy :

http://pnwriders.com/motorcycles/852...r-600-f4i.html

Name:  2001HondaCBR600F4i003.jpg
Views: 1142
Size:  230.0 KB

Of course the bike has changed hands a few times since he sold it. I hope he forgives me for using a photo he posted; it's very good and the weather isn't really photogenic lately. I got a good deal on it and it's an incredible ride!

I'm 24 years old, but ever since I could remember I've wanted a motorcycle. Unfortunately, the only people in my life that I know who ride are my father (V-Max) and my uncle (VFR). None of my friends ride! It's awful. I love my family but I feel like I need real riding buddies. Hopefully introducing myself and getting active on PNWRiders / CBRForum is a step in the right direction.

I'm going to have a few technical questions about the F4i. Power Commander--huh? It's got a lot of miles and mods on it and the seller didn't really know anything about bikes but he only had it for a few months so I'm okay with that. Heads up to the tech section--you'll be hearing from me soon.

Heads up to the track riders section, too. I went to a 2-Fast track day in September on the GS500F and it blew my mind. Who wouldn't be hooked? Anyway, I'd like to get into racing or at least track riding for the time being and anyone who can help me with that would be amazing.

Hit me up if you have any good info/advice! See you around!

Joe

Old 10-30-2009, 04:37 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to CBRF Joe!! You've come to the right place get all the help you need and it looks like you won't have any trouble finding your way around here either. Don't forget to swing by the Regional Section to find members (and possible riding partners) near you.

Oh, and congrats on the F4i ... she looks sweet!! Take care and enjoy the forums.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:57 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello & welcome aboard Joe!
Nice F4i....with a full Akro exhaust too...sweet!
There are ALOT of F4i members here so dont be shy about posting questions.
Have fun and keep the rubber side down