New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Here, still deciding on honda or ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here, still deciding on honda or ???

Let me introduce myself, My name is Steve, and I will be purchasing my first bike in the spring(brand new!). I have always been into riding, I already have my M class liscense and I am no stranger on two wheeled machines. I am 24 and i have been patiently waiting to turn 25 years old for insurance purposes. I almost broke down that last 2 seasons and bought a bike but it just wouldnt have been a good idea at the time.

SOOOO.. i will be turning 25 this spring and i am doing some research on which bike im gonna be going with. As of right now I'm unsure of what bike and size I'm going to be going with. I know it will be brand new, and def a sport bike. I would be interested in a short wheelbase bike like a 929 but I am interested in the newest machines onlly. I will be lurking around these boards, taking in some info and thats about it. W/o a bike i wont have much to post about.

I am however interested in any other forums i should be looking at. I am interested in the "big four" so any helpful links would be greatly appreciated.

Steve L.

Old 11-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Default RE: New Here, still deciding on honda or ???

Also im looking for dynoplots from a dynojet on any of the newer stock bikes i can find. I am wondering what to expect out of a 600, 750 and liter bike rwhp. Im guessin 600 ~100 rwhp? What about the others.

Old 11-25-2005, 01:14 AM
Retired Mod

im confused. you said that you are in the market for your first bike. then you said that you are no stranger to two wheeled machines. my advise is to stay away from the liter bikes. anyway, here's a link for performance data collected by motorcyclist magazine. enjoy

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/performancedata/

Old 11-25-2005, 01:28 AM
Retired Administrator

with the big four... they're really close on all the numbers. so which one? go test sit and see which one feels right. you can't tell much by doing this, but it's better than nothing. if you can test ride them, that'll help. it mostly comes down to a matter of taste.

that said.... go honda... gotta keep up the love.

Old 11-25-2005, 02:33 AM

Since you are not new to two wheels you should have some friends that have bike. You might want to convince them to let you ride them to test out what fits you.

Old 11-25-2005, 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: NINE2NINE

im confused. you said that you are in the market for your first bike. then you said that you are no stranger to two wheeled machines. my advise is to stay away from the liter bikes. anyway, here's a link for performance data collected by motorcyclist magazine. enjoy

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/performancedata/

Well i have yet to own a streetbike, but i have my licsense, I have had several powerful dirtbikes, and have ridden a few of my friends bikes, all were probably about 3-4 year old bikes. 600rr, 954, gsx-r 750(telefonica not that it matters), and an older cbr f3 or first years f4) Oh and a couple of my friends have the 636 skittles and i been on a few of them too.

Also ridden a few cruisers and a chopper and they def arent my thing. I realize its going to be what i like the best, and are most comfortable with. I am buying a brand new bike, and I know its not the best idea to start out with the liter bikes, but im going brand new and I'm not looking for something for me to grow out of, but more something for me to grow into. I can.

I was basically looking on a reliability, and performance standpoint on here. When spring rolls around im gonna go sit on them and see which one im comfortable with. I'm def not beyond looking at the 600's. The R6 is very potent machine for 06 and i was really looking into, but honestly the more i look at it, its Ugly as hell. The 750 gsx-r is my next choice (from a performance/ridability standpoint) I'm just not sure if i like the retro styling that looks like a 70's speedboat. Then.. theres the '06 cbr1000, best looking bike IMO so im leaning between three bikes i spose. gix750,cbr600rr, and cbr1000.

cbr1000 might be a bit much, and i dont know anyone that has one to compare to the gixxer.

Old 11-25-2005, 04:58 PM
L8X

the gsxr1k is supposedly the fastest production japanese bike out right now. id still say go with honda for stability and forgiveness.

Old 11-26-2005, 02:05 PM

Why do you say that the hondas are more forgiving?? Thats interesting and if i decided to go with a liter, I would like a bike that gives the confidence that you have full control of it.

Old 11-26-2005, 05:22 PM
L8X

ive never stalled on a honda before.

Old 11-27-2005, 03:43 AM

i love my honda....reliable and great first bike

Quick Reply: New Here, still deciding on honda or ???