New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New here and New to sportbikes.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here and New to sportbikes.

Hey guys and gals. Looking at purchasing a 2006 CBR600F4i and wanted to get some opinions. Only experience I have riding is a 2005 HD Heritage Softail Classic. I don't have many friends that ride and was recommended the bike since it is one of the best when buying used. So any tips would be great!

Old 06-14-2014, 06:41 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to cbrf. The f4i is a great bike. Honda's are well known for their reliability and longevity as long as they haven't been extremely neglected. There is an f4i specific sub forum full of any issues that are known and what not. Feel free to browse and ask any questions. Everyone here is very helpful.

As for the cruiser to sportbike change, well, that threw me off the first time. Took some getting used to. But I went from sportbike to street glide so perhaps it's different the other way around. I do know that the f4i is lighter. Your body position will take some getting used to. But it's no where near as uncomfortable as people make it out to be. I'm sure you'll love wringing out the higher rpms to hear it sing.

Last edited by gtcole; 06-14-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:00 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello and welcome! Yes the F4i would make a great transition bike to sports, all CBR:s have somewhat more stable and balanced power curve than the competition, and as gtcole said if it`s taken care of it`s less likely to get a lemon than other makes. Any F4i owner will most probably arrive shortly to give you tips on what to check when going to see one with a purchase in mind.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:48 PM

Thanks for the input guys. The softail is a fairly heavy bike and is a 96 ci or 1573 cc engine. I was told the F4i was a good starter or even getting a 600RR. My friend told me I would probably kill myself on a 1000cc since I won't be used to the weight difference.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd honestly go with the f4i. Throttle isn't as sensitive as the rr to me, well not stock anyway, but still have the benefit of fuel injection.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome!
Do you still have the HD?
It all comes down to riding position. If you can accept the change, the sport bike will be a ride like you've never experienced before. You will quickly see the difference between riding the bike and riding on the bike. Both platforms have their advantages, with the sport touring models being the best and worst of both worlds. I'd give it a try before committing to purchasing one.

Where are you located? There are always people looking to ride or welcoming someone new to a group. Riders are just like that.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CBRF! Good luck on the switch. I don't necessarily like the way cruisers ride, but I've never owned them, just ridden a few that other family members have owned - so it's probably because I haven't ever allowed myself to get comfortable on them.

But the F4i is a popular bike, and it's popular for a reason. I'm sure that once you get a little used to it, you'll appreciate it very much.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:50 AM

74demon, the HD is my dad's. I love it, but just would feel horrible dropping an HD lol. I live in Dallas and there haven't been any groups I've seen worth meeting up with. There are a few groups here that kind of paint a bad name for Sport bike riders.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:00 AM
Official Glory Detailer

Welcome to the forum matt get a cbr great bike!

Old 06-15-2014, 03:04 AM

Thanks stealth! That's the plan, torn between either the f4i or the RR.

Quick Reply: New here and New to sportbikes.