New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New guy in town looking for some guidance please

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st thing I must say is you guys are great when it comes to helping the new guys out and thank you so much.... So far I am liking the CBR family even more can not wait to be official!

Originally Posted by wrath
Coming from what I've read Tank Grips keep your legs from moving when your in the lean so their popular with the experienced riders and at the track.. I'm no expert on this.

And no thats not high miles for an 04.. if taken care of these honda's will run forever. We've got a member here with an F4i with over 200k. I would say thats a normal average for that year. (it's been rode)
I understand what you mean about the tank grips and thanks for answering back.

I am just trying to look at things that well help me ride better and be safer as well. Like I am thinking about buying gear soon and I found a bright red helmet and jacket just so I can be seen by other drivers. Do you guys have any options on some good gear that well not kill my pockets and also let me get some air. Arizona is known for 100+ days

Originally Posted by xxreaper487
What do you mean that the F4i is not your style? The '01 to '03 looks a lot like any RR (race replica). It has the split seat and was Honda's race bike for a while. The biggest difference in the F4i to the RR is the ergonomics of the sitting position. It may be slightly more comfortable on the F4i. Also, against most 600 bikes...it will still keep up farily well. Granted your newer bikes are probably pushing 5-10 more Hp. Personally, I drive an 01 F4i and LOVE IT. It's comfortable but yet just as sporty and powerful.

And Welcome to CBRF! Glad you have joined us and Good luck looking for a bike!
Never looked at those years....I will check them out and see. I have seen a few F4i's that have caught my eye but they were not for sell. By the way can someone please tell me what F4I stands for?

Originally Posted by Bad600RR
i just switched from a suzuki katana to a 2007 cbr 600rr and the power diff is redic, the riding style is way more aggressive but its still a very comfortable bike, i drive mine as much as possible, and even made a 3hr trip to central IN on it with no issues, and rode back home the next morning, with no comfort issues, 20 miles isnt gonna be a problem on any bike i would think. If you've never ridden a bike before id go or something a little less aggressive as far as riding position goes, it changes a lot in means of cornering and leaning...all in all only you can decide what u want the most tho, i say find what u like and just go all out man.
The thing that is holding me back the most is knowing that which ever bike

i get if its the F4i or 600 it well be my only transportation. I do not have a

car or truck like most members on here. If anyone rides there bike on a day

day basis please let me know how it is pros and cons. I do not care about

taking the bus on those rainy days because I do that now. I just would love

to have one of these machines because they are pure sexy and sound

like...well you guys already know the answer to that.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:15 PM

LOL. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say you are Welcome! The F4i is just the newer Fuel Injected version of the F4, previously carbereuted. I used to ride constantly, in fact almost all year long. From experience, the F4i is fairly comfortable and i used to ride a lot. Sometimes for more than and hour or two at a time. They both get fairly decent mpg and are both good reliable bikes. You will be pleased with both, however, the RR will be a little less comfortable to ride constantly. Don't get me wrong though, you will get used to either one and love whichever you get. I suggest at least sitting on both and see how it feels. Possibly even ride if you can.

As for gear..get as much as you can and several online stores you can choose from such as motorcyclesuperstore.com. Just search around. The best "gear" you can have..is common sense and a good head on your shoulder. Pay attention your surroundings (on any bike) and you will do just fine.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:06 PM

i ride mine on a day to day basis, i do have a car, but if its not raining or about to rain, ill take my bike, somedays i have absolutely no where to go, just get on my bike and go, some days i make excuses to go somewhere just to get on my bike and go. I rode my bike today and it was only 30 degrees here. As long as you have a way to get around on rainy days without having to tough it out on the bike, its all good. Not to mention the money u save in gas too, my bike is my main transportation in the spring summer and fall.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by xxreaper487
LOL. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say you are Welcome! The F4i is just the newer Fuel Injected version of the F4, previously carbereuted. I used to ride constantly, in fact almost all year long. From experience, the F4i is fairly comfortable and i used to ride a lot. Sometimes for more than and hour or two at a time. They both get fairly decent mpg and are both good reliable bikes. You will be pleased with both, however, the RR will be a little less comfortable to ride constantly. Don't get me wrong though, you will get used to either one and love whichever you get. I suggest at least sitting on both and see how it feels. Possibly even ride if you can.

As for gear..get as much as you can and several online stores you can choose
from such as motorcyclesuperstore.com. Just search around. The best "gear"
you can have..is common sense and a good head on your shoulder. Pay attention your surroundings (on any bike) and you will do just fine.

Oh ok makes sense... I'm still looking at some F4i's just seem like they are a

lot harder to find than a RR. Hopefully I can find something at a good deal

within the next couple of weeks. If you guys don't mind I'll be posting some

bikes up that I'm going to go look at in a few days. The only thing is all of

them have mods to them. And been a kinda new rider I don't know if it's good

to have PC3 and a full exhaust systems on a 600. What are your thoughts?

i ride mine on a day to day basis, i do have a car, but if its not raining or about to rain, ill take my bike, somedays i have absolutely no where to go, just get on my bike and go, some days i make excuses to go somewhere just to get on my bike and go. I rode my bike today and it was only 30 degrees here. As long as you have a way to get around on rainy days without having to tough it out on the bike, its all good. Not to mention the money u save in gas too, my bike is my main transportation in the spring summer and fall.

Thanks for that! I got some guys that are telling me I will regect getting a bike because you will have to carry something at some point an time and can't or on those cold mornings and hot days where you will be freezing your ***** off or burning your thighs, But my thing is this if you want something bad enough you will work around everything else as it comes.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:46 PM

no prob man, i mean there is a time when u need grocery's n crap, like u said u can take the bus, for other stuff i just take my backpack with me, i can fit a lot of things in there, including warmer clothes or take some clothes off if it gets warm etc...u said it best, u want something bad enough, u will find a way to make it work. go all out get what u want period...u have to ride it not anyone else

Old 03-25-2011, 03:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi,

I ride my black F4 on a daily basis. I don't have a car/car license. Nor do I ever really have problems with having to carry stuff. I pretty much always have a backback in which I can fit most items I need. It's also handy to have a backpack because you can clip the helmet on the straps and not have to carry it. One of the most important, in terms of carrying things, is to buy a luggage net to carry stuff around (shown in the picture below).

I can carry a full bag of groceries (or an extra jacket, helmet etc.) with the net.

Regarding which bike, well a lot of people like the look of the RR more but the F4/F4i is a more practical bike I think. The storage underneath the seat is enough for me to have my luggage net, scott-oiler, some tools, extra fuses, a little rag (to whipe the seat when wet), my disk lock and some extra bungy cords (with room to spare).

I ride all year round so heated grips (and a DIY heated liner) is what keeps me alive but you might not need it if your location doesn't ask for such items. Gear is a given so you'll just have to look what tickles your fancy but I would go for textile if you are going to ride daily. My leather combination suit is hanging in the closet unused because my textile gear (jacket and pants) is much more practical. If you have any (specific) questions, feel free to ask.

I was thinking about doing a little vlog about this subject so perhaps I'll do that today.

Last edited by UnderAssumedName; 03-25-2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:07 AM

I have a magnetic Joe Rocket tank bag ..Clear zippered sleeve for map and the main compartment is double zippered so it extends another 2-3 inches for more stuff.. I also have a luggage Joe Rocket tail bag ..Bungies and plastic hooks. I can carry enuf for a weekend stay.

Post away any more questions about bikes your looking at but you'll get more responses in the F4i and RR forums. And links to the for sale ads with pics are helpful so we see what you see.
As far as mods the more the better for a decent price.

Keep in mind your gonna get a different outlook on what we think is a good price according to what region your in. Supply and demand is different.
Here's a helpful link I was using when I was searching for my RR.. it's an easier search engine for craigslist. I plugged in cbr 600.
www.SearchTempest.com

Old 03-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the reason you find less F4i's is cause they aren't the current model, meaning less beople buying them and then deciding they don't want a bike and selling it.

most people that have bought a F4i are the 2nd/3rd owner and they bought it cause it was the bike they wanted, don't have a ton of cash invested, and don't have a good reason to sell it.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:54 PM

no prob man, i mean there is a time when u need grocery's n crap, like u said u can take the bus, for other stuff i just take my backpack with me, i can fit a lot of things in there, including warmer clothes or take some clothes off if it gets warm etc...u said it best, u want something bad enough, u will find a way to make it work. go all out get what u want period...u have to ride it not anyone else
Thanks for the encouraging words my guy, plus I am a guy so me with grocery's is not going to happen that much and if so you always have a girl with a car right? lol

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName
Hi,

I ride my black F4 on a daily basis. I don't have a car/car license. Nor do I ever really have problems with having to carry stuff. I pretty much always have a backback in which I can fit most items I need. It's also handy to have a backpack because you can clip the helmet on the straps and not have to carry it. One of the most important, in terms of carrying things, is to buy a luggage net to carry stuff around (shown in the picture below).

I can carry a full bag of groceries (or an extra jacket, helmet etc.) with the net.

Regarding which bike, well a lot of people like the look of the RR more but the F4/F4i is a more practical bike I think. The storage underneath the seat is enough for me to have my luggage net, scott-oiler, some tools, extra fuses, a little rag (to whipe the seat when wet), my disk lock and some extra bungy cords (with room to spare).

I ride all year round so heated grips (and a DIY heated liner) is what keeps me alive but you might not need it if your location doesn't ask for such items. Gear is a given so you'll just have to look what tickles your fancy but I would go for textile if you are going to ride daily. My leather combination suit is hanging in the closet unused because my textile gear (jacket and pants) is much more practical. If you have any (specific) questions, feel free to ask.

I was thinking about doing a little vlog about this subject so perhaps I'll do that today.
I actually have seen those nets a lot on bikes where guys like to put there baseball cap or something like that on the back. whats the cost of those?

Also they make heated grips?? sounds like something I well be checking into for those cold mornings.

Last question and I am done how do you protect your bike from thieves? I use to be a honda guy so we had to protect our cars with everything you can think of from detachable steering wheel, kill switch, alarm, and sometimes a hub lock for the steering wheel hub just so your car would be waiting for you the next morning. Do bikes get stolen as much or no?

Originally Posted by wrath
I have a magnetic Joe Rocket tank bag ..Clear zippered sleeve for map and the main compartment is double zippered so it extends another 2-3 inches for more stuff.. I also have a luggage Joe Rocket tail bag ..Bungies and plastic hooks. I can carry enuf for a weekend stay.

Post away any more questions about bikes your looking at but you'll get more responses in the F4i and RR forums. And links to the for sale ads with pics are helpful so we see what you see.
As far as mods the more the better for a decent price.

Keep in mind your gonna get a different outlook on what we think is a good price according to what region your in. Supply and demand is different.
Here's a helpful link I was using when I was searching for my RR.. it's an easier search engine for craigslist. I plugged in cbr 600.
www.SearchTempest.com
Thanks for the website link but what do you think is a good price rang for a 02 - 04 cbr 600 or even F4i

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
I think the reason you find less F4i's is cause they aren't the current model, meaning less beople buying them and then deciding they don't want a bike and selling it.

most people that have bought a F4i are the 2nd/3rd owner and they bought it cause it was the bike they wanted, don't have a ton of cash invested, and don't have a good reason to sell it.
Hmm I see makes sense...

Old 03-25-2011, 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=$uperm3;1030688]Thanks for the encouraging words my guy, plus I am a guy so me with grocery's is not going to happen that much and if so you always have a girl with a car right? lol

LOL exactly, if u dont have a gf, call mom lmao....they r usually thrilled to even hear from you, and moreso to help u out when in need.

Quick Reply: New guy in town looking for some guidance please