New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new guy from MA, (don't own a CBR yet though haha)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new guy from MA, (don't own a CBR yet though haha)

You'll be fine starting on a 600, just don't be overconfident.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:56 AM

Geez i guess im not the only one whose up at 7am huh.

Yea being over confident or (cocky) is something i don't put up with so that's not going to happen.

Thanks for the advice guys your making me a wee bit more comfortable.

Gringo where in NH are you? Btw guys i might possibly buy a smaller polisher ( i detail cars as side work) so that i might be able to start detailing motorcycles as well.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:32 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

You need to watch everything....take your time....do not ride out of your level!

Old 07-22-2007, 08:44 PM

I want to check out the bike i wanted and made copies of the title (for my loan) i have to bring em to the bank tomorrow during my lunch and i should have the bike next weekend. Only has 9k on it with a graphite paint job and im paying 4k for it. Needs a back seat and i dont like the undertail so i might change it idk yet.

If anyone is in my area and wants to come give me a few pointers or check out the bike feel free, needs a back seat and some hardware but thats it.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:17 PM

Hey, welcome to biking. I'm pretty new myself, especially to sport bikes and I love the forum cause when you're new you have a million and one questions and feel silly asking your experienced friends.

My Advice:
- Pay very close attention at your beginner riding class, their advice can save your life as it did mine. (In class they taught us if our brakes ever lock up, and the rear wheel starts to skid around, dont get nervous and release the brake, you will highside and kill yoursef. It happened to me on the highway at 50mphand by holding on to the brake i avoided a high side......) The class WORKS, but pay attention to all of their advice, it might save your life.

- Like everyone says, practice practice....work on your shifting, and emergency stopping.
- Always see where your gonna rest your feet before you stop, dont stop on painted signs cause you might slip. Wear boots that grip the ground real good.
- Always wear all your gear........leather will save your ***...I mean that literally.
- Never drive in people's blind spot. Ether speed up and ride in front of them, or where you will be in their peripheral vision, or slow down and let them be up front, so they will see you in their mirror. This step can save your life.
- STAY AWAY FROM TRUCKS.....either pass them quickly, or let them pass you.........NEVER RIDE NEXT TO THEM LONG DISTANCE
- Gravel can and will kill you.........if your not familiar with a corner and dont know if their will be gravel, then go slow. Never take a corner that you are unfamiliar with at super high speeds......your are risking your life.
- Ride with your buddies until you get the hang of it, you can learn how they do things and hopefully pick up some good riding habbits.
- Most important step is to have fun...........LOTS OF FUN!!!!!

C'ya on the road............

Old 07-23-2007, 08:15 PM

Well thanks for the advice guys. Looked at a bike yesterday, applied and got approved for a loan last week for 4500 (got approved for 5000) bike was 4000, 02 CBR600F4i 8990mi painted Grey Metallic Clearcoat.

Wow i actually drove it out of my garage into my driveway and didnt stall and kept my balance, two brothers at 14k made me smile ear to ear haha.

Thanks a lot guys i really appreciate the help, unfortunately i didn't buy any gear YET but helmet and gloves are on the way.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:48 PM

Ok well i guess i own one now haha

Name:  IMG_5004.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  42.6 KB
Name:  IMG_5006.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  75.7 KB
Name:  IMG_5007.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  73.4 KB