New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new guy here!!

Old 04-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy here!!

well as of 8:30 this morning I am the proud owner of a 95 F3.(almost) its raining today so i'll probably be picking it up on saturday. I know a lot about cars but im completely new to bikes. next on the agenda is motorcycle license and insurance.

ill probably put some frame sliders and flush mounts on it. i may need to lower it an inch or so. we'll see. heres a few pics

Name:  bike002resized.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  63.6 KB
Name:  bikeresized.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  59.3 KB

Old 04-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Default RE: new guy here!!

Congats. Very clean looking bike. Take the msf course you'll be glad you did.Try to get used to the bike before you lower it.
Welcome to the site and ride safely

Old 04-26-2007, 04:43 PM

nice looking bike, that class is awesome! be safe!

Old 04-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow! thats one mint F3 very nice--did you get it for a good price? WELCOME

Old 04-26-2007, 05:04 PM

The msf course is a very good idea as a beginner, but if I were you i wouldn't wait for the class to get your license. The road test is 100x easier then people make it sound when you rent a scooter.

I just bought a 97 F3 a few weeks ago and i was going to take a msf course to get my license but around this time of year they are all filled for almost 2 months(atleast in NJ). so i just took the road test and I will take the course later in summer.

so anyway welcome!!! and have fun

Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 04-27-2007, 01:47 AM

Hello and welcome to the site looks pertty clean.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:50 AM

thanks guys. I'm going next week to get my temps. im for sure going to take a safety class as well. all of my friends have taken it and have said its awesome. my girlfriend and mom are both a little scared about me having a bike but im a pretty sensible person. I know that no matter how comfortable I feel the bike is always in control and you always have to expect the unexpected.

I sat on the bike and I can get the ***** of my feet down but id feel more comfortable if I was flat footed. ill probably try some boots and I might consider shaving the seat down a little bit before I go with the lowering links. Id like to have as much ground clearance as possible and I dont want to screw up any of the bikes geometry.

as far as a price I got it for 3000. it has 16k miles but the guy is the original owner and took meticulous care of it. it also has new tires, brakes, battery, kevlar brake lines, and obviously the D&D, he had the carb rejetted as well. a pretty nice steal I'd say

Search this Thread