New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Guy

Hey guys new to the forum, heres an introduction. Name is Jason, i live in north florida atm. Just recently purchased a 90' hurricane 1000f with 45k original miles on it. Currently having some running trouble. When i got it the radiator fan wasnt coming on and would over heat sitting still, so i tested the sensor like in these forums somewhere said, pulled the fan off and hard wired it to make sure it was just the fan and not a wireing problem. its the fan. so i put the radiator back on, (minus the fan cause it is bad and i will be getting a new one) cause i wanted to ride it since i just got it and it was running beautiful. Long story short, i went to start it back up after re attaching the radiator. It ran for a lil bit and then died everytime i gave it throttle. Now it wont crank. will turn over fine and sound like it wants to run but wont hold a idle. I did lift the tank to geta better view of the connector for the fan but that was all. Like i said ran beautifuly before i took down the raditor. Where would i post this or is this a good enough spot? Any help will be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Old 02-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you unplug anything from the tank? Lines etc?

Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 PM

No, maybe a lil tension on the electrical wires under there closest to the radiator, they arent the tighest and may be a lil rusty, but are still connected. Maybe bad connection? those wires didnt look so detatchable

Old 02-28-2012, 01:03 PM

Check your battery voltage, often when cranking the voltage can be bulled down to a level where the spark isn't bright enough. I had a similar fault where the voltage regulator was failing. I could jump start the bike but it wouldn't run under 6000 rpm (an I had ridden into remote Tamania). I got home by disconnecting the headlights, taillights, brake lights and turn signals. I also as I mentioned keep above 6000rpm

Old 02-28-2012, 01:39 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

1. When you say it won't hold idle? Does bike hold when you give it throttle like 2000RPM? Or engine just dont fire up...plain turning.

2. Did you let bike sit few hours and try cranking again? Maybe flooded the carb...

3. Fuel filter maybe clog?

4. Pull the spark plugs, to see if it ignites.

The radi should have nothing to do with bike firing up, radi & fan is cooling system.

Air + fuel & spark will fire the engine.

Check the idle lever & choke cable??

Old 02-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BalizTik
...Where would i post this or is this a good enough spot? Any help will be greatly appriciated. Thanks
You'll get more viewing & responses from your bike's proper Past CBR Models section &/or General Tech.

Good luck w/ repairs. Hope you get it all sorted quickly.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:02 PM

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f...unning-134934/ srry guys, found the proper place to locate the thread. thanks