New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New girl rider checking in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats Kari! Now its time for the celebratory 15 mile wheelie at 105 mph right?

Just take it nice and slow. The 250s were fun for a couple days. But about the only thing our 600s have in common with them is they're 2 wheeled

Old 07-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NewShortGirlRider

Hi Everyone. Welcome, Kari. Thought i'd tag along here. New to the group and just got my bike about a month ago. Super excited, but toying with the idea of lowering it as well. So many differing opinions out there. Huge part of me says 'don't do it' as i can ride fine with boots, but...it's just a better feeling to NOT be tip toed. Those of your over 5'8" just really can't understand how retarded it feels to back up or even get out of the garage sometimes! It seems ridiculous to ride withOUT 100% confidence when we could. Need to find out if 1" or 3" are the only options (2005 cbr600)...wtf??

Attached Thumbnails New girl rider checking in!-hondasideview.jpg  
Old 07-11-2010, 11:41 AM

nice bike girl welcome.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:52 AM

Hi and congrats Kari on your pass of the test (is it not compulsory your side of the pond??!!)
Hi to you NewShortGirlRider aswell, i wish the two of you loads of happy safe riding miles ahead

enjoy!

Ant.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:19 AM

yea girl on a bike thats just hott the bikes hott too lol...

Old 07-22-2010, 03:51 PM

Hey everyone! I just wanted to give an update. I ended up lowering my bike after I stalled and fell over once on the road. I just wasn't able to keep the bike up so I took it straight to the shop. I had it lowered 2" and it is like night and day.

I feel so confident riding the bike now (I am a brand new rider, so I am still learning how to ride on the street). I don't get nervous anymore and I can stop quickly without fear of tipping over. Basically it feels great and I've been riding it every day since I got it back.

I did have to shorten the kickstand. I took it to a Harley Davidson shop because they do great welding - they charged me $30 for the cut and weld.

He cut the stand and I put it back on to see how much I wanted it shortened. Then I took it back and he welded the piece back on.

Finished product. I put it back on and my life is now complete.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by noosebaum
Hi Everyone. Welcome, Kari. Thought i'd tag along here. New to the group and just got my bike about a month ago. Super excited, but toying with the idea of lowering it as well. So many differing opinions out there. Huge part of me says 'don't do it' as i can ride fine with boots, but...it's just a better feeling to NOT be tip toed. Those of your over 5'8" just really can't understand how retarded it feels to back up or even get out of the garage sometimes! It seems ridiculous to ride withOUT 100% confidence when we could. Need to find out if 1" or 3" are the only options (2005 cbr600)...wtf??
Hey!

I posted above about lowering my bike, basically - go for it if you're not confident. I was turning right from a light, got distracted by some guys screaming at me and I stalled and just fell over. I know if that happened now I wouldn't have dropped the bike. I feel so much better and I don't have to use my super tall boots if I don't want to.

Do you have any Honda motorcycle dealer shops nearby? You should go in and ask them personally, they'll be able to tell you your options. 3" is too much in my opinion. I lowered mine 2" and it's perfect for me. How tall are you? Maybe 1" is perfect if you're a little taller than me (5'4").

Good luck and your bike is beautiful!!!

Old 07-23-2010, 02:16 PM

Thanks for your reply and update. Good for you! You sound confident and excited! You know, it's weird...i think the 05's ONLY option is 1" or 3" - I don't understand it, but everywhere i look the lower links are just that...for '06 and '07 it's different...lucky you. 'Cause, yeah, i just think 3" is extreme - i'm only 5'4" as well!