New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New french F4 owner

Old 10-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New french F4 owner

Hy everyone.
I'm a french CBR F4 99' of 17000 miles owner, living near Paris.

As I'm looking for all informations about my F4, I've found this site which is a huge source of advices and informations.

See 2 pics of my bike, I've bought it a little bit broken and rebuilted it.

Before

Now

Here a link of the topic of the Rebuilding of my broken F4 hosted in the french forum I already participate (more pics). Sorry, its all in french [:-]

See you soon !

Old 10-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: New french F4 owner

Lost as hell looking at your other forum... as most Americans... too ignorant to learn a second language.

Bike looks great, one of the best F4's I've seen fixed up.

Old 10-18-2006, 08:49 PM

Thanks !
Most of the time, I use google translations but they are sometimes approximatives...

Quickly, in my other forum, I explain the story of my F4.

It was a stolen F4 that has been found back and sold to a broken bikes dealer... Don't worry, this rebuilt is totally legal !

The fork was bent, fearing parts broken, locks crushed (HISS out of service), etc.

And the engine had not been started for 2/3 years... And it started juste after pushing the bike 2 or 3 times !

I tried to rebuilt it and making an all in black bike with light modifications, but keeking it close to stock F4s.

Now, it works very well, my engine is really ok (102 DIN HP with a low performance MIvv Exhaust ) and I enjoy every day my F4

CBR F4 are quite rare in France, you'll find more previous version and F4i.
By the way, in France we don't talk about F3, F4, F4i versions... They're juste called CBR600F for F3 and F4, CBR600F (single seat version) and CBR600FS (tow seats version) for F4i...

An another pic:

Seb

Old 10-19-2006, 11:24 AM

You've put some good work into this machine, congrats on the end result. It's a beast, for sure. That's neat about the different model names, thanks for that info.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice bike! It looks like all your work has paid off. Based on what I've seen watching the Tour de France on TV, that's an incredibly beautiful country. I'd love to tour through the alps or Pyrenees some day.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Munson

Nice bike! It looks like all your work has paid off. Based on what I've seen watching the Tour de France on TV, that's an incredibly beautiful country. I'd love to tour through the alps or Pyrenees some day.

Thanks !

You know, I leave in the suburb of Paris, approximatively 16 miles from center... And I'm still looking for nice roads, as you could find in Alps, Pyrennées or even in the center of the country...

Here, we only have straight roads... But we have a track dedicated to bikes near CDG airport where we can have some fun...

An another difference between United States and France... We have to face a typically stupid law that restreign the output power of all our bikes engine to 106hp...
We are the only one country in Europe... [:@]
So, when you buy here a CBR1000RR, in fact, you have only the 2/3 of the original power of your new bike...
But I don't really care... Its enough for me.
It is the same for exhausts mufflers... To much noise and you can be sure that you'll be invited to visite the nearest police station... And the probability will increase as you'll approach Paris.

My next modification on my bike will be maybe swapping my F4 gauges to F4i gauges... I've seen some advices over there
And the next one will be to put OEM stickers but US OEM parts because they are beautifuller than french OEM stickers... As you'll see:

Honda Wings fit really better...

See you soon!

Seb.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:11 PM

Hello & Welcome!!