New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New to the forum wrecked 02 f4i rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum wrecked 02 f4i rebuild

Hey, just picked up an 02 f4i that I picked up from my tattooist for $600 and car CD player I had laying around. I've always ridden cruizers and this will be my first sport bike. Hopefully I'll like it. From what Ive read, this will be the perfect bike to start with. Ive pretty much got all of the parts lined up that I need, but If anyone wants to point me in the right direction for one thing, Id appreciate it. The frame wasnt touched, and I will be replacing the following:

Airbox
Tank
Fairings
Right footpeg/brake bracket
mirrors
blinkers
exhaust

It starts/runs perfect, but the gauges will not turn on. I get the f1, N, blinker, and high beam lights, but the temp/speed/rpms do not work at all. There is a little bit of light coming through but is very very dim. THE QUESTION- IS THIS FIXABLE? I DO NOT WANT TO BUY A NEW CLUSTER TO FIND OUT THAT THE NEW CLUSTER IS THE SAME WAY. I have checked for any damaged wires. Checked all fuses and relays that I have found. Fully charged the battery. Is there any reset options to cure this?

Thanks, and look forward to modding this bad boy and gettin it on the road! Will be buying all my parts and painting it all black with blacked out headlights and tails, etc. Ill post pics as soon as I get er done.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome! For that price, if it has a good title you got a steal!

Check out the F4i and General Tech forums, as well as teh classfiieds on here... you can't post a wanted ad yet, but you can see when members have parts for sale or are parting out a bike.

You could also check ebay for most of that stuff.. not sure about teh cluster issue.. but try a post in teh F4i forum.

Adam

Old 02-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi & welcome aboard!
Sounds like a good deal,just needs alittle work
Not sure on the cluster issue....a picture would help there.
Post up you rebuild in the F4i forum,TONS of F4i rideres here so I'm sure we can help you out.
Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!