Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

wrecked again

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrecked again

Going for a sping throught a canyon today with about 6 other bikes..nice day..was feeling really good on the bike..the shoulder was acting VERY weird today and i shoulda stayed off the bike. but we were doing some crazy canyon riding to get some footage for our video..i was having one of my better days..doing great..feeling good..we were coming around a pretty basic turn when my shoulder complete locked its self up..so instead of going around the turn i wen straight off the road at about 70 mph...hit some gravel on the shoulder and slid it back up..went down into the ditch. and poped back up on the road with not much damage..a few cracks to the upper faring from some tree branches and thats about it..i was fine...rode the rest of day..scared the hell out of me tho. ill get some pics later on..to dark out now..be carful out there guys.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Default RE: wrecked again

it is good to hear that you are fine maybe a little more therapy with the arm before a canyon run again. . .best of luck and get the arm looked at

Old 04-19-2008, 09:56 PM

Well i had it pulled out of its socket yesaterday and had 2 steriod injections into the capsul. im saposed to be in a sling..but it was 80 degrees out..took the sling off bad idea, and im relizing i seriously could have paid. dumb idea on my part.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jd, you really might want to think about recovering 100% before hoping on that bike. i've read too many of your threads where you're mentioning your shoulder giving you problems. the bike will always be there waiting, take a break man, heal up.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:03 PM

Man, im so sick of dumb doctors..telling me for 7 months that nothing is wrong with it..and now it all of the sudden needs surgery and all this **** has to happen NOW. im getting sick of them..i go in on May 5th for my first of 2 or 3 surgerys.. i just want to ride while i can..my summer will be over soon. and it should just be beginning.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:08 PM

but you are how old? if you keep going out and removing your sling going against doctors orders and doing what YOU want, then that shoulder could keep you off a bike for good! not following doctors orders will keep you off that bike longer, just do what you have to do to make that shoulder normal again. the bike....will be there

Old 04-19-2008, 10:16 PM

I am only 17, soon to be 18. so i will bounce back fast. im about to buy a new bike..and i dont know if i can take a new bike sitting in my garage while im in a sling for 3-6 months..thats pretty much torture.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:26 PM

I have a friend that you remind me of. I sold him my last bike and a couple weeks later he wrecked it. Some time after that he was riding his bicycle around campus and somehow managed to flip himself over the handlebars. I told him I didn't think he had any business being on two wheels.
Maybe you should think about hanging it up for a few years. If I were pulling crap like that, my dad would have set me straight and a shoulder would be the least of my worries.
I'm 22 and I stopped thinking I was bulletproof a long time ago. Actually, it was shortly after I watched a handlebar go almost completely through one of my friends arms severing an artery, he really should have died but by Gods good graces he didn't. Don't be a fool. You won't be so lucky next time.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:31 PM

well, as Elmer just basically said.........the choice is yours. you've posted a few "close call" threads and this is just one more. you were down for sometime while rebuilding your bike, from that previous wreck.

no one is trying to tell you to stop riding all together, but to kick back, take a break from in......as hard as that will be. just b/c you are young doesnt mean you'll "bounce right back". when people say they bounce right back from a injury, usually its refering to them doing what the doc. asked them to do and they bounce back 100%. you WILL NOT bounce back to 100% if you keep going the rate you are.

you've got a lifetime to ride, JD.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:36 PM

He's just full of **** and vinegar

Quick Reply: wrecked again